Community Forum

Xfinity Connect causing random stop start issues with audio application on android

New Poster

Xfinity Connect causing random stop start issues with audio application on android

A number of us have been trouble shooting issues with audio application randomly stopping and sometimes starting.  I been able to replicate this an LG3, Note4 and Note7.  It is happening on Android version 6.0.1.  Problem occurs across mulitiple music players I have tested including Google Play, Samsung Play and black player.

After may tests the only thing that stops the issues is when I elliminate xfinitity connect app.  Others reporting somethng similar.  It would be nice if comcast could look into this and provide a fix.  Until then I will unfortunately be uninstalling my xfinity apps.

Notes from others:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/521653-why-do-i-have-audio-pausing-un-pausing-ran...

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Connect causing random stop start issues with audio application on android

Confirmed this on my Android running 7.1.  Connect app breaks google play music app, resulting in random pause/stop events.  Uninstalled the connect app and issue goes away.