Community Forum

Xfinity Connect app not staying connected

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Connect app not staying connected

Even as uninformed as I am on these matters, I suspected as much.  Will await hearing from you.  Also to Moonie, my CR# is different, so there's probably a number of them. Ngc

Contributor

Bummer. Called Comcast to see if they closed my CR831164475 that is this Connect app problem. Comcast closed this CR and never told me. Also no reason was given as to why it was closed. This is the second CR on this issue Comcast did this with. I guess that's one way to up your Help Desk stats  on having allot of CR's closed quickly. Ha!!!!

Contributor

I'm probably cynical, but that's not surprising that they would do that.  Ngc

Contributor

Just talked with a gentleman from ecare. He said he had been told that this was a national outage with email issues. I explained that my phone and my wife's phone were still working but our pads on android 4.4.2 were not and that this seemed to be an issue after the last app update on versions of android older than 5. They may be experiencing an issue nationwide but this isn't a symptom of that. I explained exactly what was going on and he is going to pass all this to the tier 3 people and promised that my ticket wouldn't be closed until there was a resolution. He said he would call back as soon as the tier 3 people responded. We shall see. I will share any responses I get.

Contributor

Thank  you for keeping us informed.  The ECare rep. yesterday told me he would keep my  ticket open.  FYI, Consumer Reports recommends keeping good notes when dealing with Comcast (for what good it does). Ngc

Contributor

A positive report:  The xfinity connect app. on my phone has been operating properly for several hours now, since the newest update came out late this afternoon.  Hope everyone else has had the same experience, and thanks for the communications.  Will let you know if anything changes again for the negative.   Ngc

Contributor

Yes, I just noticed the update and installed. The app that couldn't log in before the update now is able to log me in and seems to be working correctly. So far so good.  I will keep an eye on this for the next few days but my gut tells me that it is fixed. Thanks to all in this thread that wouldn't let this issue die and kept it up until they listened and took action. Seems to have worked...

Frequent Visitor

Lo & behold - I too just installed the 'hot off the press' update for the Connect App and now my Samsung tablet (Android version 4.4.2) was able to quickly Sync the email list with the server for the first time in over two weeks. Good to see that the eCare team came through -  It appears that the 'fixes/enhancements' work. Time will tell...

Contributor

Uninstalled Connect app and deleted data too. App version from Playstore version is now 7.1.3.  I'm on 4.4.4 Android. 

Connect 7.1.3 seems faster. I'll test too. I agree this issue seems to solved with this sw release.  We shall see.

Contributor

Please send new info about this if problems recur.   Ngc

Contributor

Rest assured that the problems will be identified and shared if they happen again. The app is still working well as of this morning. So far so good.

Contributor

xFinity Connect app still working A-OK after running for several days. Are we ready to declare this one solved?

Contributor

Mine is still working well, although a tad slow about opening the new msg.  However, I did notify ecare that I thought my problem had been solved.  Suggest that you keep record of the ecare email address because it is fairly well hidden on the xfinity page and I always have adifficulty finding it.  Please post any changes you have as they occur so we also can look for them.  Ngc

Frequent Visitor

The latest Connect update has been working well (on Android 4.4.2 since Feb.21st) although a bit slow at times.

Strangely, though, this morning the App was seeming to take forever to get past the loading of messages stage. So- I tried to clear the data (using the Android application manager) but saw that the name has changed. (It used to be that it appeared alphabetically as 'Connect'; however now it's 'Xfinity Connect'. (At first it looked as if the application had disappeared from the list.)

Keep the apparent name change in mind if you go looking for it.

New Poster

Thanks @smizak for the link on my thread with a similar issue

I'm also having trouble logging into the app, but my case is a little different:

• I'm using a Samsung cell phone instead of a tablet--a 2017 J3 Eclipse to be exact
  • I'm running Android 8.0, not 4.4.2

I re-installed Xfinity Connect 7.1.3 but I'm still unable to log in to the app.  I tried clearing all data but the app still remembers my username and won't let me past the login page--wherever this data is cached it's not getting cleared out.  Anyone else still seeing this issue on 4.4.2?

Contributor

That isn't the issue we were experiencing. If I were you I would once again clearccache and all app data then call comcast and have them reset your account logins. As of the last update of the app I haven't experienced any issues. The app is now working like it was last December. Good luck... 

Contributor

Having the same problems with my iPhone XR. Comcast had the same problems for a couple years and was fixed a few months ago. Now we are back where we started. What’s with their technicians?
Contributor

Very sorry to hear you're having this problem.  Have you yet contacted Ecare?  It took a couple of weeks for them to fix the problem with this that several of us had.  Hope someone on the Forum can help you--they were very supportive of me.   Ngc