Community Forum

Xfinity Connect App email function on iPhone doesn't update right

New Poster

Xfinity Connect App email function on iPhone doesn't update right

I am running the xfinity connect app on my iPhone 7 with IOS 11.3 and use it for accessing and managing my comcast email. For the last few months I experience problems when the app is open and running in the background. If you go back after some time and try to refresh to get the new emails, the app is running and doesn't stop until timed out. You need to close the app and reopen it. Than it works again. Which means that I have to close and reopen the app 20 times a day. Very annoying.

I already deleted the app, restarted IPhone and reinstalled it the app multiple times, but it does not make any difference.

Admin1

Re: Xfinity Connect App email function on iPhone doesn't update right

Hi JEM198188 -- I can help with that App issue. Please send me a PM with your name, either phone number or account number, and the username you're signing in with. I'll be able to create a support ticket with that information. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have had the same problem last few months with my iPhone 6 and iPad. Have to re-boot the app several times a day to get updated messages. Otherwise it just spins like it's trying to update.  When I called Comcast 3-4 weeks ago they said engineers were aware of problem and working on it. They blamed the problem on Apple iOS upgrade. Well now Apple just did another release to 11.3 and I still have problems. Have de-installed and re-installed the app many times.  

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem.  Can you post the solution?  I wasted half an hour on the phone with a Comcast "expert" who was clueless with iphones.  I have an iphone 7 with the latest iOS. 

Frequent Visitor

I have talked with 3 Comcast service reps over the past several weeks and done online chats with 2 reps and they all say the engineers are aware of the problem and working to fix it. No ETA on when. Have a hard time believing that. They opened a ticket on it (whatever that means) and said they would contact me when fixed. Not holding my breath. Only thing that works for a few hours is to reboot the phone. Have tried deinstall if and reinstalling the app also and same result. Works for short time. So frustrating.
New Poster

Looks like a memory problem with the iPhone, close all running apps and try again
Regular Contributor

Is this still a problem?  It just spins and never updates.   I am having to close and restart Email App almost every time on my iPad mini4 with OS 11.4 and i updated the  Connect App.  

New Poster

Believe it or not, Comcast fixed my problem. It took a long time and it seemed that the problem was caused by the "voice function" in the connect app.  I never used this functionality before, as I only needed the app for the emails. However, after they enabled and made it work on their servers, the problem was gone. I also disabled the app refresh in the IOS settings for the connect app, which heped, too. It doesn't seem to impact anything if you switch it off. 

Jem

New Poster

see further below for an answer.