Community Forum

Xfinity Connect App - Not Receiving Incoming Call Notifications

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Connect App - Not Receiving Incoming Call Notifications

Xfinity Connect App for iOS v6.8.2

I have not been receiving incoming call notifications for about a month or so. My iPhone X is set to allow notifications for the Connect app. My Connect app is also set to receive notifications:
Incoming Calls: ON You will now start receiving all notifications (including caller id) for all incoming calls made to your Voice2Go number. My Voice2Go number is my home phone number, which I have through Xfinity Voice.

I deleted and reinstalled the app and still not receiving incoming calls notifications. This is very frustrating. Please help.
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Connect App - Not Receiving Incoming Call Notifications

Fwiw, found this because of exactly the same issue. I thought it had to do with upgrading to iOS 12. Also deleted and reinstalled and still nothing.
New Poster

I have same issue iPhone Xs and ios12
Frequent Visitor

I have same issue on 10s Max. Worked for awhile then stopped working completely.
Official Employee

Hello, all - 

Thank you for reaching out on the forums. There is currently a known issue that we are working on regarding V2Go notifications not popping up when the Xfinity Connect App is running in the background. This should be resolved with a future release of the Xfinity Connect App, however, I don't have an ETA for the release. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@ComcastAlly:

You mentioned that V2Go notifications not popping up when the Xfinity Connect App is running in the background is a known issue....

I haven’t been receiving V2Go notifications when Xfinity Connect App is NOT running in the background as well. Please advise.
Official Employee

walds11 - 

Sorry for the confusion! The known issues with the Connect app are still applicable to what you're experiencing. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am receiving phone calls on my landline, notifications on my tv. When I answer the phone nobody is there. Moments later I get a notification on my cell phone that I have a voicemail on my V2G app from the person who just called. This is ridiculous. I can't even make calls out because of this freaking app. 

I called customer support, escalated the issue. While on with the extra supreme people my modem went crazy. They made an appt for a service tech for the modem. I deleted the app and the modem was fine. Canceled the appt. 

Now I cannot make phone calls out or receive them on my landline despite not having the app and I've reset my modem by various ways several times.  This. Is. Some. Twilight Zone. Stuff.

Regular Visitor

Any news about whether this issue has been resolved? It's been almost 4 months now for me not being able to receive phone calls using Voice2Go.

Frequent Visitor

I called in twice and was told they are still working on the problem. The Connect app has since gone through two updates, the latest update today. It still doesn’t work. I do not receive a Voice2Go notification on my iPhone 10s Max. when my home number is called.
New Poster

I have been having the same issue for months  but nothing seems to work. No one at customer service seems able to help either

New Poster

when is the issue going to be rectified?

Official Employee

All - 

This issue is still being worked on and will be resolved with a future release of the Xfinity Connect app. I appreciate your patience while we work on this.