Community Forum

Wrong phone number in Connect app - Repeated attempts to get issue fixed!

New Poster

Wrong phone number in Connect app - Repeated attempts to get issue fixed!

I have tried repeatedly to get this issue fixed through chat and phone calls, but the only answer I end up getting is that it will be escalated and someone will get back to me - which no one ever does.  When using the Connect app, the Dialer is showing the wrong number.  It's NOT our number and it won't allow any inbound or outbound phone calls.  Understandable, because again, it's not our number!  I've tried to login and logout, clear the data and cache, and uninstall and reinstall the app.  When I click on Dialer, it takes me to the Voice2Go agreement, I click yes, it retrieves our account information, and then - you guessed it - the wrong number shows up.  When I go to settings to sign out of the account, the wrong name is there too.  

When I log into our account on the computer, all of the correct information is there.  So obviously, the app is pulling it's information from somewhere else.

Can anyone please help me with this??

Regular Visitor

Re: Wrong phone number in Connect app - Repeated attempts to get issue fixed!

I have similar issue. Did your resolve? If yes how?
New Poster

No, it still isn't fixed.  Every time I contact support, I'm promised that someone will get back to me in 24-72 hours.  That has yet to happen.  I contacted support again today and was promised the same thing, although I did get a ticket number and a phone number that I can call to check the status.  So, we'll see.

Regular Visitor

Thanks. I am getting the same response. My ticket is sitting with engineering department for last 15 days. Let us hope for the best. If i get something i will let you know. Please do the same.
New Poster

Moved in November and got new Xfinity voice number.  Now the old number shows up in the Voice2go app and of course, it does not work.  Xfinity is still "working on it".

Regular Visitor

I do not know what they did but is working good now. Dialer is showing up new number and is working for making or receiving phone calls. I did pursue it at corporate level to resolve this.