Community Forum

Wrong name in email on mobile app

New Poster

Re: Wrong name in email on mobile app

Hi @ComcastElla - is this still something you can fix individually if we private message you?

Or is there any fix we can do on our own?
I seem to have this issue only when using the xfinity connect app on one ipad. 

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem  Didn't realize it till last night when someone responded to my email and told me.  I have sent a private message to you.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regular Visitor

Hello my name is <Edited. Private Info>. My email <Edited. Private info> has the signature to others as Jennifer. I am looking to get that changed. My wife's email is one of the others used and not the one I have.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hello all,

@jamduffy @dasil22 - Thank you! I got your private messages and will reply back as soon as possible. I have to make a little change on my end but at the same time you can try these steps:

- Access your email from our website, click "Compose" -> click your email next to "from" tab -> Edit Names -> update your display name. It should update the app as well, if not - it would just show your email address. Sign out from the app and sign back in. 

@rawwin - Please don't post any private information publicly. It's an open forum and any internet user can see your reply. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Problem is now solved.  Thanks for the input.  Please don't send me any more emails on this. 

Official Employee

@nzemlin - Not sure to which emails you are referring to. If you receive automated emails regarding this post - you can unsubscribe from any post by going to "My Subscriptions", check the post and click "Delete Selected Subscriptions". 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I tried what you mentioned above and it seems to have worked.  Thank you so very much.

Official Employee

@dasil22 - Happy to hear that my instructions helped! Thank you so much for posting!

New Poster

How do I contact the support person that can correct the email name on my xfinity app?

Official Employee

You can contact me, mollyHU, I'd love to help and correct the display name. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. Thank you for posting!