Community Forum

Wrong name in email on mobile app

Regular Visitor

Re: Wrong name in email on mobile app

This problem is still continuing as of late February 2018!!!  Completely unacceptable. 

New Poster

Would Comcast be able to change my display name to my email address?
Frequent Visitor

jvilardi,

This thread has been around since fall of 2016. A Comcast 'employee' made vague promises a couple times and then, silence. NO, Comcast will do nothing for you.

New Poster

I agree. Very poorly run company and horrible technology offerings
New Poster

Comcast tech support, Can you fix my email display name? It is incorrect On my mobile app. Please change my name using my email address as you did with others.

Thank you.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Tech Support, plz fix my wifes wrong name in with Connect email

Hi,

Just a repeat but, Flyboeing did the right request to 'Tech Support'. 

Is anybody in Tech Support 'listening' to  this thread that started in the fall of 2017?

I am looking for help with my wife's Connect email account that has a completely inccorect

name for her email address, or SHE CANNOT USE THE CONNECT APP.

Plz contact me privately to get her email address name to help change it to her real name.

Let me know.

Thanks.

John

Frequent Visitor

Dear Comcast,

Please change my display name to my email address on the Xfinity Mobile Connect app as well.

Thank you

New Poster

We're having the same problem. My wife names on my xfinity phone app. My on daughters name is on my wife's xfinity phone app. A real mess. You'd think this would have been solved since people have been complaining about it since last October. Gmail and Apple don't have this problem.  FYI...

New Poster

Interesting. After I complained on this thread, I was asked to take a survey. I gave xfinity low ratings and after I hit submit, I received this message, "Your survey will not be reported." Really?

New Poster

Having the same problem. Can you fix this Comcast?
New Poster

Can you fix mine?

New Poster

ComcastElla, Can you fix my account, which is displaying a name that is not mine nor anyone in my family’s in the “From” field when I email using the mobile app?
New Poster

I have also been having this problem for some time. It really should be resolved by now as it has been a very long time. Is there a way you can change mine individually until resolved also please. I have tried everything possible to correct. My wife's name comes up instead of mine. Thank you

Official Employee

Hello all,

If you have an issue with the display name in XFINITY Connect App - please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Please note, you won't be able to use a Private Messaging feature if you haven't posted publicly. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Ella

Having the same problem as everyone else.  I have to post publicly before I can PM you, so I am posting here in hope that I will be able to stop having my email say it is FROM my Ex-Wife.

Official Employee

@wmacgregor - Happy to help Smiley Happy

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

Hello @ComcastElla,

Please do the workaround for my email address. I will private message you.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Really great when sending job applications out and it shows the totally wrong name. So I went to Gmail since COMCAST is clearly in no hurry or seems to have ZERO interest in fixing this. This could have been fixed a thousand times by now. Still all messed up. I'd like mine fixed as well, please. Next time, please let your CUSTOMERS know of such a big inconvenience before they find out the hard way.
Official Employee

Hi, Pleasefixitasap - I submitted the instructions on how to reach me and what information I need 3 posts above. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

New Poster

I messaged you
Official Employee

@Pleasefixitasap - I replied back, please provide the necessary information so I can resolve the issue with the email display name. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I am sending you a private message now to change the name on the mobile app.

Regular Visitor

I am going to send you my info. This is really crazy, but I thank you for helping all of us!

New Poster

test

New Poster

Hello ComcastElla. I would like to have this fixed too.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla please send instructions on how to contact you to fix the name issue. 

‘What info do you need?

Official Employee

Hi, Mememoon - I need your full name and account holder's name. You can send me that information via private message by clicking on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

New Poster

Same issue.  Not sure if it's always been that way, or if I just realized it.  Will send PM. 

Regular Visitor

Wrong name in email on mobile app

This is also happening to me as well....I am able to change the name on my accunt but not on my mobil phone app

Regular Visitor

I work in software development and this should be a very easy fix. You can imagine how annoying this is. When will this be fixed???

clangland@comcast.net

Carol (not MARC!!!)

New Poster

Hello,

I am having the same issue too.

Official Employee

Hello all, 

I'm happy to help with the display name issue in Xfinity Connect App. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement.

Please note, you won't be able to use a Private Messaging feature if you haven't posted publicly. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

New Poster

When I click on your name, I don’t see anywhere that it says to send a message.
Official Employee

@jscollins1020 - We had an issue with the website but now it should work fine. Could you please try one more time? You can also go to your message, click "New Message" and type in my name "ComcastElla". 

Regular Visitor

Finally was able to send a private message to @ComcastElla

Let me know if there is other information you need to fix this problem.

Thank you

Carol