Community Forum

Wifi popup

Contributor

Wifi popup

Why do I constantly have a pop up about accepting terms and conditions when I am already on home wifi?
Screenshot_20170204-102843.png
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Wifi popup

pap1 wrote:
Why do I constantly have a pop up about accepting terms and conditions when I am already on home wifi?

That error message is for accessing the public wifi spots....  are you connecting to your HOME-XXXX wifi or the xfinitywifi (public ) ????

Contributor

This happens at home all the time and it's very annoying. I have att smart wifi and xfinity both on my pnone. Don't know if there is a conflict between the two. I also have a problem with internet connection when i am using home xfinity wifi. I had to download a DNS changer to get it to work. I have a galaxy s6 phone and i understand other's, with the same phone, have a connection problem when using xfinity home wifi. I don't think i have always had this problem with the pop up but don't know exactly when it started or why. I have stopped all notifications from these apps but pop up still there. If i choose yes it will open browser but nothing else happens, no options for me to accept or nothing.

Contributor

My phone says i am connected to home wifi although there is a wifi. There is another xfinity wifi too and i dont' know why it's there and have no option to take it off. I deleted the xfinity app so don't know what else to do.