Community Forum

Voice 2 Go does is not working on SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 on TMOBILE network

Frequent Visitor

Contributor

Re: Voice 2 Go does is not working on SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 on TMOBILE network

If you go to settings- apps- special access- optimize battery usage- all apps and scroll down to connect and switch it to off it will not go to sleep and work.

Frequent Visitor

Voice2Go is working very sporadically on the Samsung Galaxy 8 on the ATT mobile network too.  I have to log out of the connect app and then log back in.  It works for a little while and then stops working again.  Very frustrating.  

Contributor

It worked great on my s8 on Verizon. Not on the s9÷though.
Contributor

Any one know WHY?
Contributor

Well your lucky I've got Verizon and it works when it wants to
Contributor

Do you have it set to where it will not go to sleep?  Unless you have it set that way it will work unless the phone is not used and after 5 min. it will go to sleep and not work.  Until you wake it up again.

Contributor

Voice2 go doesn't on my galaxy S8, and no one can tell me why or how to correct it.It worked on my S5.been reading on here it has something to do with the phone going to sleep. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOWTO CORRECT IT?
Contributor

Go to setting, se;ect apps, Up top right on the three dots select special access, select sptimize battery usage,select the arrow next to apps not optimized, select all apps, scroll down to the connect app you will see the button that is blue saying it is on.  Change it to off then back out bact to your home screen.  That will stop it from going to sleep and it will work.  I know turning it off is backwards but that is the way they set it up on means the app goes to sleep.  If you have any questions let me know. 

Frequent Visitor

Johnny, see the reply from lakemann374 that he posted on June 10 in this thread. Follow those instructions. It's been working on my phone for a few hours now. Big thank you to lakemann!
Contributor

Are saying shut ALL the apps that have the blue dot to OFF?
Contributor

No just the connect app.  That will keep it from going to sleep and the app will work find.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you lakemann374, this solved the issue for me.  

Contributor

Great I had to fight with Samsung, verizon, and comcast before I ever found out how to do this so it would work.  Samsung does this to make the battery last loger.  I would rather just have my apps work.  You can't get any help from them they just read from the manual and when that does not work they make excuses.

Contributor

Well it great for u but which one are the connect apps?
Contributor

If you scrolled down in the list of apps it is the Connect ,  The same as it looks like that you use.

Contributor

I wrote the instrutions as plain as I could.  Each step is sepreated by a coma,  Follow the steps and you will see connect in the apps.  Turn it to off and that will stop it from going to sleep.

Contributor

Well I've scrolled down and don't find any app that say CONNECT so I can't turn it off. Even to try and retrieve a message on here is a pain, so I guess I'm stuck
Contributor

Do you have the connect app on your phone.

Contributor

I have XFINITY CONNECT IN MY APPS
Contributor

OK when you get to the step where you where you are a "optimize Battery Usage"   You see Apps not Optimized witha down arrow.  You have to click on the arrow and change it to "all apps" then you scroll down and you will see the connect app.  You switch it to off and the blue dot goes away.  Then you can get of of there and go back to your home screen and it will not go to sleep and work. 

Contributor

Well I guess that the problem I don't see any Xfinity apps. NONE don't know why.Don't see xfinityhotdpots or any of them
Contributor

If you switched it to all apps then you should see every app that you have on the phone.  If you do not do the down arrow and pick all apps then you will not see them.  If you did and you don't see them then you have other problems.

Contributor

Well guess your right, I'll check more 2morrow thanks for trying to help. I'll try to let u know what I find out
Frequent Visitor

Voice is not clear very very low, hardly other party can hear

Contributor

Question for you.  If you go to Settings, Apps, do you see all your apps there including Connect?

Contributor

Well my Sansung Gakacy S8 doesn't have connect in the apps in the list, was told doesn't need to be
Contributor

1st all apps should show up in the Apps list in settings.  While it is true if you have the app and it does not show up it may work, if it does not show up then you can not set to where it will not go to sleep.  If you use it all the time or you phone is on the charger it will work all the time.  If you do not use your phone for about 5 min. then the app will go to sleep and the voice 2 go part will not work.  The email part will continue to work.  The fact that it is not showing up in you apps list is why you could not follow my directions to set it to not go to sleep. 

Contributor

So I guess I'm out of luck from what your saying . I guess I'll have to use *72 call forwarding. Unless u know something else thanks for your help
Contributor

You can go into you settings on Voice and do a selective forwarding there and  both your home phone and your cell phone will ring and you can answer either one.  That is what I have had to do with my Galaxy S9+ because the app does not show up in my App list.  Verizon, Samsung and Xfinity can not figure it out and I have not yet either.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I can hear but other party can hardly hear me 

Contributor

So true, the whole trick is to stop the phone from going to sleep?? Anyone got any idea? But I guess if your phone doesn't sleep the battery will drain faster. Oh well that life, if humans don't sleep they drain faster😅
Contributor

The method does not keep the phone from sleeping just that app.  It really does not affect the battery.  You have to have the app show up in yout app manager for you to fix it.  If it does not show up you can't fix it.

Contributor

Well it doesn't (app) show up in the app manager.Has long as phone is on the charger (,on) it works, but once the phone goes to sleep it doesn't. So that why asked if there was away to keep the phone awoke. There no way I can shut the app off or what ever
Contributor

Not sure what you mean about shutting it off.  The email part will still work just the voice to go part goes to sleep.  You can unistall and reinstall and just not activate the voice to go part.  It will work as long as it is on the charger because it will not go to sleep while on the charger.  Xfinity could change the app so that the phone would not put it to sleep but doubt they will.  They just updated it and no change.

Contributor

Well don't know if you got my last message but it disappeared
Contributor

Well what I trying to say was there was no connect app in my app manager and yesterday when I had the phone on and on the charger when my house phone rang so did the cell, but latter when off the chg for a while the house phone rang but the cell didn't. When I don't use the cell for a while to conserve battery it goes to sleep, it can still rec calls, some of the apps I believe are still working but not the connect app and this is why I believe voice2 go doesn't work.But then what does this 81 year old know about modern technology
Frequent Visitor

I am still having the issue of other party hardly could hear me while I am able to hear clear and loud on SAMSUNG GALAXY S8
Frequent Visitor

I have given up this software doesn't work with newer phones like SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 for sure it's waste of time to write to COMCAST they do not care ...as I have repeatedly said when I make call thru this software I can hear loud and clear the party I am calling, but they can't hear me. There ois no issue with my phone it's working fine for WHAT'SAPP, HANGOUT TELEGRAM etc but only COMCAST so its very hard to accept there is issue with the instrument , only thing which I confirm is CONNECT APP.