Community Forum

Threatening Spam

New Poster

Threatening Spam

I have over the last few weeks once again been getting threatening Spam saying that they are spying on me (which I know they're not) and giving a current or past password that I have used.
These are using very threatening Tactics. I know this is what the elderly people are falling for and paying money to. What is Comcast doing to stop these? I regularly check my Spam to see things that I marked as not Spam continuing to go into that box accidentally.
I find it alarming that there is nowhere on the Comcast or Xfinity site to even just drop in the IP address or Transfer as an attachment the e-mails. If there is one, can you please tell me where it is? I would like to start depositing these threatening and very intimidating and scary e-mails into a place where they can be investigated. My elderly neighbor just fell for one of these and they are continuing to call her. I gave her the number for the FBI unit but since she is old I fear she is just one of probably thousands of people being taken advantage of.
If it is not in existence can the company please create a repository or place to report such things?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Threatening Spam

Report Spam, Phishing, and other abusive emails to "abuse@comcast.net". Follow the "Report Spam and Phishing Emails" link on https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/ and the reporting instructions listed under that heading.

New Poster

Re: Threatening Spam

Thank you!!!