Community Forum

Texting feature being discontinued

Highlighted
New Poster

Texting feature being discontinued

The texting feature of the Connect app being discontinued is extremely disappointing.  I use this feature all of the time.  It is a very valuable feature to me.  We have been Comcast customers for many years.  This is one of the best benefits they have ever offered.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Texting feature being discontinued

TOATALLY AGREE THAT THIS IS A DIS-SERVICE TO XFINITY CUSTOMERS AND NO EXPLANATION AS TO WHY IT IS BEING DONE. NO SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE WE CAN GET COMPARABLE SERVICE.  

Highlighted
Contributor

that feature is how i do most of my communications because of my disabiliies.

Highlighted
New Poster

This is the only way I communicate with some people. Now I’m not sure how I’m going to do that! I think having that service and letting people use it and get used to it, then taking it away is just wrong!

Highlighted
New Poster

It is a nice feature. Apparently it is not being used by the majority of Xfinity customers. Probably because most do their texting on their mobile phone. Most people don't even have a home phone anymore. I still use mine a lot. 

I have noticed that when I sent a long text to someone it would be broken up into 3 or 4 separate texts on the revcieving end. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I had a cell phone from 2006 just up until two weeks ago. The old one was horrible to text on. Finally joined the 21st century and bought a normal smartphone. Now I have no use to text from my home phone which I thought was pretty cool.  I suspect that unlike myself most people have had a mobile phone they used to text. So I believe the feature is just not cost effective for them to keep. Now with a new cell phone I really would not use the feature to text from my home phone. I believe that is the reason.

Highlighted
New Poster

After using my connect app text number as a recovery number for most of my other apps, now i have to change it all over again. i prefored this texting apps.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have no cell signal at my home, the connect apps was perfect for me to text & for email. Idk what to do now???
Highlighted
New Poster

I travel Internationally a lot and don’t always have access to my cellphone service and SMS, nor do I trust the privacy of my texts in those countries. This app allowed me to get my 2fa anywhere and on any of my devices.
This feature is essential!
<Edited>
How and where do we submit our complaints?

Highlighted
New Poster

I called 215-286-1700, Comcast corporate office and complained about losing the texting feature. He said if they hear from enough people, they might opt to reverse their  decision.