Community Forum

Text Message History

Regular Visitor

Text Message History

Hi I need a text log history...I made the assumption that if I deleted text messages on the app they would still be available in my account (web) They are not.. I dont necessarily need a transcript but I do need a text log with dates and numbers for my records ..HOW can I obtain that or retrieve my messages?
Official Employee

Re: Text Message History

Hello Nsloan4945, to view your text message logs you will need to be signed into your mobile account online or in the XM app. From there select the Users & Preferences tab and click the View Text Messaging Details link located in the Voice Settings sidebar. Usage will be displayed for the current day and the past three months. The actual usage is not in real time and could be delayed three hours. The Text Messaging Details link will only appear in the Voice Settings sidebar if you are the primary user on the account and you have activated Voice2go or have purchased a standalone text messaging plan.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi in my message I clearly stated that my messages were deleted on the app because I assumed they would be available on the website. HOW can I obtain my message logs from comcast. I need them for legal purposes. Your app does not state that when you delete any history that it also deletes from the main website.
Regular Visitor

And also I'm not referring to my xfinity mobile account but comcast connect app
Official Employee

Nsloan4945 wrote: Hi in my message I clearly stated that my messages were deleted on the app because I assumed they would be available on the website. HOW can I obtain my message logs from comcast. I need them for legal purposes. Your app does not state that when you delete any history that it also deletes from the main website

In this case we would need to submit a request to our legal/records team, to complete this task I will need your full name and account number. Please send me this information via private message by clicking on my name "ComcastAmir" and then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!