Community Forum

Sync folders

New Poster

Sync folders

The connect app on both devices saying my sent folder does not exist.  Instructing me to sync but see no setting to do that 

New Poster

Re: Sync folders

I'm having the same issue. Started yesterday and it's really making me mad! Sure hope I don't have anything important. It started on my phone. I have signed in on a desktop and still not able to retrieve anything in my inbox. Says folder doesn't exist. To sinc folders. 

New Poster

What did anyone do to fix it ! I’m stuck in this same boat!
New Poster

after six months you would think this problem should be fixed --- i have the same problem

Official Employee

Hi there, spberlin. 

Are you able to post a screenshot? I want to help! 

Thanks! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. Attached is my screen shot.

5D3B845E-782D-41C2-995E-AB8FDF8DB88C.png

Frequent Visitor

Trying again to post the screenshot.

108AEC9F-9612-469F-9A5F-70EA07DD6722.png
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastMartin I'll explain what I was doing when the problems began. I was in my email account online at comcast.net which is where I house all of my emails. I have many folders set up there, and I was trying to organize this particular folder by moving it to another folder so that it would become a subfolder. I got an error message that it couldn't be done so I cancelled. The folder then disappeared entirely from my folder list. When I went to my iPad to see if it was there, I saw it where it was originally located; but I got the message you see on the screen shot when I tried to access it on my iPad.

Official Employee

Paula47, thanks for posting here about your missing folder. When you attempt to search a mail that is in that missing folder on your computer, are you able to bring up that email? It's possible the folder is located within a folder now! 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I had many older emails in that folder but don’t remember a specific one that I can search. I did check my other “first level” folders to see if the missing folder ended up as a second level folder somewhere else but didn’t find it in any of those.

Official Employee

You mentioned that the folder is where it should be on your iPad. Can you pull an email from there and search for it on your computer? I would also recommend double-checking you have active IMAP settings and not POP3. See more info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email

Frequent Visitor

The folder has since disappeared from my iPad. The screen shot I posted earlier is what I got when the folder was there and I tried to access the contents of the folder.

I'm not sure where I would find the choices between IMAP and POP3, but I don't see them when I go to my Settings. I am not using a third-party email client but am instead accessing my emails by going to www.comcast.net or by using the apps on my iPad and Android.

New Poster

I use pop3 for several reasons. Why would folders who's name you changed be a problem with pop3 and not with imap

New Poster

Hello out there! How come nobody is answering this question?   Help please 

Official Employee

Got it. Your photo wasn't approved to post to the forums, unfortunately. You can try uploading it to imgur so we can view that way if necessary. 

No need to worry about the POP3 settings--it is automatically done for us via the Connect app suite. Just to confirm, for the folders currently in your inbox, can you see a small, black arrow pointing to them this way: 

> Folder one 

If not, please send me a private message with your full name so I can access your account and get you in contact with advanced repair.  Just click my name (ComcastKenF) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a private message on the right. 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Got it. Your photo wasn't approved to post to the forums, unfortunately. You can try uploading it to imgur so we can view that way if necessary. 

No need to worry about the POP3 settings--it is automatically done for us via the Connect app suite. Just to confirm, for the folders currently in your inbox, can you see a small, black arrow pointing to them this way: 

> Folder one 

If not, please send me a private message with your full name so I can access your account and get you in contact with advanced repair.  Just click my name (ComcastKenF) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a private message on the right. 

Are you addressing me with this request?

Official Employee

Yes Paula47. Apologies, forgot to tag your name. 

Anyone else having issue and have been following this thread can also send me a private message if they can't find their missing folder after collapsing all the folders on the platform.