Community Forum

Search emails

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Search emails

When I search for emails, I only see old emails not current.

Dzn
Official Employee

Re: Search emails

Hello Anon18447. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with troubleshooting your searching emails concern. Do you encounter this issue when using our Xfinity Connect web portal, or when using a 3rd email client, like Windows 10 mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I am on my andorid mobile using the Xfinity App to search for emails.  I only get mail older then approx. 2 yrs.  

Dan

Official Employee

Please attempt the following steps below: 

- Uninstall the App from the device. 
- Power down the device. 
- Let it stay powered down for a minute to allow the cached memory to clear from the device. 
- Power the device back up. 
- Reinstall the app. 
- Retest 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I tried the deleting app and restart in the directions that you sent me, that didn't work.
Official Employee

Hmm. Sorry to hear that! Have you tried accessing mail within the app while connected to WiFi and then while connected to mobile data separately, just to see if that happens to make any difference with the content reloading?

Regular Visitor

Yes I have no problem accessing emails from wifi or mobile on my smartphone. The only problem I have is trying to search for current emails
Official Employee

I might need to open a request for you. Please send me a PM with your name and we will go from there. 

Official Employee

Hi, Anon18447. I ended up not hearing back from you on this. I went ahead and completed the interaction. If you do end up needing further support with this, please send me that PM. Thank you.