Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Service keeps freezing, this is terrible

New Poster

I don't stream, but the basic connect app is terrible. FREEZES all the time on my iphone and ipad. It's junk. I continually delete the app and relaod it. It's been "retrieving account info" for 10 minutes now. I don't live in the woods, it's 2018, should have a better connection. Can NEVER retrieve my emails from my phone, I have to use my laptop. I hate it. And.....you are absolutley right. It's a lot of money for Comcast.

Official Employee

Hi ncdesigner, I would like to take a look at this for you, could you please send me a private message with your full name and phone number?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm having the exact same problem.  Were they able to get it fixed for you?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, nursebetty1969. Thanks for posting! There are a few different things that can cause this trouble with the app. Does this happen while using Wi-Fi and data, or one or the other? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am also frustrated with the xfinity connect app.  Like the first person, mine freezes up and I delete it, reload it and wait for the next time it repeats this process.  Utter garbage for the iPad.  I never had any problems with the old app.

Official Employee

Hi, Lv6. Do issues seem to occur in the app while you're at home and also while you're away from home?

New Poster

It fails when I am away from home on my iPad.  When I am at home I have a pc with outlook on it and rarely use the xfinity App.  The latest problem was that I could not retrieve any new email.  The last date it received was 09/07.  I deleted the application, reloaded it and now it works.  

Official Employee

Lv6 - The reason why I'm asking is because if there is a poor wireless connection, it will cause the data that is trying to load within the app have an extremely difficult time. 

Frequent Visitor

This happens to me on my iPad when I am at home. My iPhone does not have any problem retrieving emails on the same WiFi. Deleting and reinstalling the app is not a viable solution.  

I look foward to a response. 

Thanks, 

{Edited PII}

Regular Visitor

Aaugh!^*@$, like everyone else, this app is HORRIBLE!!!  I’m lucky if I go 2-days without having to delete and reinstall on my iPhone and iPad.  I love it when I get the request from Xfinity for feedback.  After proving feedback, I end with why do I bother, you’re not going resolve the problem anyway.  I’ve even called Xfinity and they said they would pass the issue along, yeah right into the trash.  

Totally frustrasted and disappointed.

Official Employee

Hi, dschwarz. Please send me a private message with your name so I can take a look at some information on this end.

Official Employee

Hello, ajanase. There absolutely should be steps we can take to rectify this app issue you're experiencing. How long have you been experiencing the problem for?

Regular Visitor

I can’t recall when it began, but it’s been over a month. I work from home and do not have connectivity problems. 

Official Employee

Thank you for clarifying, ajanase. Do you have any issues with other apps? For example, the My Account app or the Stream app? 

Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I typically do not use the apps.

Official Employee

Good morning, ajanase. We might have to submit a request for you regarding this app. Please send me a private message with your name and we'll continue from there. Thanks!