Community Forum

Phone number changed

Highlighted
New Poster

Phone number changed

We recently moved and transferred our phone and internet services. Once installed, the phone has been changed and all the info for the old number is gone on the Connect app...however the new number isn’t actually active when you call it., but when I text from the app it shows it’s coming from the new number. I can’t forward the old number to my cell phone and I can’t text with old number. I’ve called customer service several times but one I can’t understand a word the reps say and they seem to have no clue what I’m talking about regarding the connect app. How can I get my old number completely working again?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Phone number changed

@ClymerLaw wrote:
We recently moved and transferred our phone and internet services. Once installed, the phone has been changed and all the info for the old number is gone on the Connect app...however the new number isn’t actually active when you call it., but when I text from the app it shows it’s coming from the new number. I can’t forward the old number to my cell phone and I can’t text with old number. I’ve called customer service several times but one I can’t understand a word the reps say and they seem to have no clue what I’m talking about regarding the connect app. How can I get my old number completely working again?

Does the correct phone number appear on the website?

https://connect.xfinity.com/voice/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes, both numbers are there. I can receive calls to old number but on the App I can only text and make calls with new number that actually doesn’t really work...meaning when you call the number it said it’s not in service.
Silver Problem Solver

@ClymerLaw wrote:
Yes, both numbers are there. I can receive calls to old number but on the App I can only text and make calls with new number that actually doesn’t really work...meaning when you call the number it said it’s not in service.

I can't help; I only have one Comcast phone number there, not two.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!