Community Forum

Notifications stopped working

Contributor

Notifications stopped working

Sometime in the last week, e-mail notifications on my iPhone have stopped working. Today I deleted the app, reboot my phone, downloaded the app and enabled notifications (like before), and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions on how to get the notifications to work again?

Contributor

Re: Notifications stopped working

Still not working. Spent time on phone with Comcast today, and they suggested I call Apple or iPhone help because it's not on their end. Yet, if my husband or daughter puts the app on their phone and uses my login, they have the same issue. No way this is an iPhone issue. I'm thinking it's something with the app...maybe somehow connected to my user ID? Because interestingly, when I open a fresh version of the app, I get a message saying "Trying to access your voice features? You need to set your PIN and security questions." But those are already set up for me, per the Comcast rep I spoke to today! The only notificaiton option I have is for e-mail (which is fine since I don't use the phone or text feature...although I'm signed up for it, I don't need the service). So not sure what's going on.

Anyone else having any issues with not receiving notifications or having the badge count work for their e-mails?

Official Employee

Hi @bbyk

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I apologize for the inconvenience you're having with the notifications from the Xfinity Connect App. I'd like to troubleshoot to help get this resolved. In order for me to access your account, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

It's taken almost 4 weeks, but Comcast has stuck with it and resolved this issue for me. Seems there was an issue with my CP&I pin not being logged in, but I was unable to do that because of a bad link on their end. They persevered, eventually sending it to their engineering group, and once I was able to get the pin logged in,  the rest of it started behaving perfectly.

Did I spend 3-4 hours on the phone with Comcast? Yes.

Am I glad I did? Yes. 

I'm grateful they kept after it and didn't just say "so sorry".

Official Employee

Excellent news! I am happy to hear this has been taking care of. Thank you for hanging in there with us while we worked to get everything fixed. We truly appreciate your patience and your customer loyalty. Please reach out to us if you need help with anything at all in the future. Our team is here 24\7 to help with any Comcast concerns you may have. Have a great, safe holiday, we are here if you need us. -Jim

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same problem, and judging from recent reviews in the iTunes app store, so do many others. My email only downloads when I manually open the app. I no longer get notifications for new email.