Community Forum

Notifications on iphone5

Frequent Visitor

Notifications on iphone5

Have an iPhone 5 running 11.0.3

my Xfinity app has not given me any notifications that I have received an email after the past 2 updates.

All notifications are "on" in the settings section and have done several restarts.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Notifications on iphone5

Hi, gpiphoto - Are you referring to XFINITY Connect app? Have you checked app setting and iPhone settings under Notifications? 

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Yes, it is the Xfinity app and yes, I have confirmed all notification settings on the app and notification settings on the phone are on.

And I restarted the phone after confirming settings.

Thanks.

Official Employee

@gpiphoto - I moved your post to XFINITY Connect app section. What kind of alert style do you have for this app? Banners or alerts? How does it set up in Notification Preferences in the app? If you could pose or send me directly screenshots from your iPhone settings menu (Control center) and from your app - it could help a lot. 

Frequent Visitor

Here are 2 screen shots
2F8D65D7-5FFB-474F-901D-1C002062CA11.png
2F8227E0-C728-4B71-9FCF-C02FD1AAFFA8.png
Official Employee

Thank you so much, gpiphoto. Can I also get a screenshot from the app itself? My apologies for making it so complicated but we may need to get it escalated further and screenshots will help a lot. 

Frequent Visitor

Here you go.
Thanks for your help!
Smiley Happy

Official Employee

@gpiphoto - Had to remove your last screenshot since it had your email address listed. But I saved a screenshot on my PC. Let me clarify, you are not getting pop-up notifications and also no notifications in the app itself (Red circle with number inside on email icon)? 

Frequent Visitor

It is the pop up notifications that is not working on the home screen.

I do get number in the red circle in the app.

Official Employee

@gpiphoto - I will investigate this issue and if I won't be able to find any answers - I will escalate it further. I will follow up with you tomorrow with my findings. 

Official Employee

@gpiphoto - We released an update for XFINITY Connect app today. Please update the app and let me know if you still experience an issue. 

Frequent Visitor

I will update and let you know.
Thanks!
Official Employee

@gpiphoto - No worries, take your time. Thank you! 

Frequent Visitor

Updated app today.
Restarted, rebooted.
No change, still no notifications on home screen.
Official Employee

@gpiphoto - What setup do you have under Notification Preferences in XFINITY Connect App? I personally updated my iPhone to the latest iOS 11.0.3, sent myself a test and received a notification on my home screen. 

Frequent Visitor

Updated app.
Still no notifications on home screen.
I also sent myself a test.
95363438-A598-4D7A-BF2C-4CC19822F42E.png
Official Employee

@gpiphoto - Could you please go to Setting in XFINITY Connect app -> Notification Preferences and tell me what do you have there? Thank you in advance

Frequent Visitor

Oh my!
I didn’t know that was there!
And I feel quite embarrassed that I missed it!
It works!
I sent myself a test and it worked!
Thank you so much for your help and patience!
All this time and aggravation, if I would have explored a little more!
Smiley Happy
Official Employee

No worries at all! I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved. Notification preferences are a little tricky, so please don't feel bad about it. Feel free to reach me if you get any questions in the future.