Community Forum

New and improved app isn’t.

New Poster

New and improved app isn’t.

Recently, Comcast announced an upgrade to the connect app that would allegedly fix the problem with emails not loading and having to turn the phone off repeatedly and/or uninstall and reinstall the app. I opted for the upgrade and NOTHING has changed. Same problem. No change. Most annoying.

When, oh when, will Comcast get this done?
Contributor

Re: New and improved app isn’t.

JRBee wrote:
Recently, Comcast announced an upgrade to the connect app that would allegedly fix the problem with emails not loading and having to turn the phone off repeatedly and/or uninstall and reinstall the app. I opted for the upgrade and NOTHING has changed. Same problem. No change. Most annoying.

When, oh when, will Comcast get this done?

I have had the opposite experience.  The emails load faster (though not actually fast compared to other apps) and the app no longer crashes/force closes.  I rebooted my phone after the update though, not sure if that matters or not.  I have an LG xCharge/Android phone.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New and improved app isn’t.

Mine has slowed to a crawl. Constant blue spinning circle when trying to load emails. When it is finally done, the new messages don't load. I have to refresh the screen to finally get them to load. Worse than before.

Comcast is probably trying to get everyone to switch to Gmail, so they don't have to deal with email anymore. Managing email costs money. If Comcast can't do my email properly, they're really not worth having.