Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Mobile apps having email problems

Regular Contributor

Re: Mobile apps having email problems

Tr: Don't know what device you’re using but on iPhone I found you don’t need to clear history repeatedly but rather just close the mail app completely down (swipe it off the screen) and reopen it again to refresh and write emails. I’m so used to the error messages and failures now that I just automatically close the app down after every use so it works properly when I reopen it again. As for hoping it will soon be fixed don’t hold your breath. I’ve been reporting the issues over and over again since October and they’ve done nothing other than ask me to send them a PM with my email info so they can look in to the problem further only to find out it’s not even possible for me to send them a PM in this forum. It’s pretty much a joke to me at this point. If not for the phone features I would have stopped using this app for email months ago. It’s really a shame because this app used to work flawlessly.
New Poster

Thank you for very much for that advice helpful I do have an iPhone but could you explain how to quickly swipe the app icon off the phone and restart quickly?
and I do agree this is ridiculous but it’s what we have to do until it gets fixed
Regular Contributor

Tr: After swiping it off the screen (closing the app down completely) I reopen it almost immediately and it seems to then refresh okay with no errors, enabling me to read and write emails. Without doing this my badge count seems to still work okay showing me when new emails have arrived but as soon as I see this I just automatically close the app down and reopen it since I know it will not properly refresh if I simply click on the app. Don’t know if this will work for you or not but it’s the only thing that works for me. Hope that helps.
Regular Visitor

Great description of the issue I am also experiencing. On my iPad (ios 11.1) I selected Xfinity Settings, Log Out. It exited to a "Get Started" screen. Selected "Get Started". Logged back in. All my "No recipient" and "No subject" emails filled with content. Originally my Android (Note 8 OS 7.1.1) phone had the same problem but not today. So all the "No recipient" emails missing content on the iPad had content on the Android. However, when I refreshed the spinner went forever. Log Out. Log in. No spinner. Compose a message to myself from myself. Send it. The new email appeared on both my iPad and Android. Sent an email to myself from GMAIL, one with text only and one with a pic. Both worked. No idea if it will still work tomorrow. So to recap, to get emails today I log out of the app and log back in.

Regular Contributor

Anna: Yes that’s the same behavior with my iPad and iPhone. I think comcast messed up their update on the connect app with Apples release of IOS 11.1 or somewhere in that timeframe as that’s when all of my problems started. Prior to that the app worked flawlessly for me on iPhone and iPad. One things for sure. Given the complete lack of attention by Comcast to these posts it’s clear to me they have little interest in doing anything about it anytime soon.
Regular Visitor

They certainly could use a better test team. Just wanted to update that logging out and back in worked until midnite. All emails on the ipad today say "no recipient" and "no subject". Android is better but spinner runs for a very long time. On iPad spinner runs forever next to the Email icon. And when I pull down on screen to refresh the email it also says Updating with another spinner shows up and runs forever. I checked my battery usage and for last 24 hours it doesn't show Connect at all which seems odd. 

Regular Contributor

Anna: just to clarify. I don’t actually log out or sign out of he app but rather just hit the home button to get out of the app and then close it completely down by swiping it off the screen. When I reopen all log in credentials are already saved so I don’t need to log back in. May not make any difference as this may simply be the equivalent of logging out / back in. Just saying. As for battery usage I see the app on my phone is using 5 to 10% a day where my iPad shows no usage but this doesn’t surprise since I almost always do mail from the phone and every now and then refresh the iPad since the 2 are synced together.
Regular Contributor

Another update. My PM capability for this forum magically started working again so as requested by one of the Comcast Mods I sent them a PM with more info so they could look in this issue further for me. If it ends up being fixed I’ll be sure to post the outcome here.
Official Employee

Hi @clentin, I can look further into your escalation with support, please first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your in a private message and we can start there.

@ldinpa, I haven't received a private message from you, but would like to make sure your issues are addressed as well. Can you also, please try sending a private message to me and I will research your account on the backend. 

Hey @Tr713, Sorry for the frustration. Please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your current services in a private message. 

@Annahums, you shouldn't have to do this to access your emails. Like the others affected, I'd like to review your account as well. If you can verify your account information through a private message I am more than happy to assist you as well.

@all, if this is something that is being investigated by our engineers, I will create an escalation ticket so that once a resolution is found, all of your accounts are included on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Regular Contributor

ComcastChe I don’t know why you’re saying you didn’t receive a PM from me when in fact I’ve sent you 2PMs so far. The 1st giving you my email ID which you requested in order to investigate my account then again at your request (By PM) I sent you a 2nd PM on 01/20 at 10:43pm describing the problem. You read that PM at 10:59pm on the 23rd but never replied to me. So now I guess you need full name, address and account number ? I wish you would have asked for this originally instead of just asking me to send you my email address.
Contributor

The issue I seem to have with the CONNECT APP is that the email doesn't seem to refresh from a WiFI connection that's not MINE. Regardless if it's an Xfinity WiFi on someone's modem or a WiFi supplied by a source other than Comcast. It's been this way for maybe better part of the month and likely longer.

I use the app with an iPhone 7 and iOS 11 - 

It would be good to have it function as it should. The i7 refreshes without attention on MY OWNED MODEM and router.

Regular Contributor

The problems are just getting worse with this app. Now EVERY TIME I open the app I get the erroneous error message “102002” stating no network can be detected. This pops up with every new email that comes in no matter what network I’m connected to. After clicking on “ok” to clear the error messages the only way the email refreshes so you can read beyond the header / subject line is to close the app down and completely restart it again. I’ll turn over all of my account info to the Comcast rep as requested so they can investigate but with so many people having similar problems (see other threads in this forum about this app) I find it very hard to believe these problems are account specific versus flaws that need to be fixed in the app itself. We shall see I guess.
Regular Contributor

ComcastChe per your request I’ve sent you a PM with all of my account info. I appreciate any assistance you might be able to provide to get this fixed. Frankly I think it’s an app problem versus account specific but I guess we’ll see what you’re able to find out. Thank you!
New Poster

remove Comcast xfinity app icon, then re-install xfinity app from app store.
Regular Contributor

Frankness: Thanks for the advice but I’ve deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity connect app on both my iPhone and iPad multiple times now from Oct. 2017 through Jan. 2018 and it makes absolutely no difference. The same issues exist.
New Poster

I have been having the exact same issue since the Oct 2017 update, but only when connected over wifi.  The app works flawlessly when using a data connection.  But it used to work flawlessly prior to the Oct 2017 over wireless as well, so what changed?  Sometimes wireless is your only option so this needs to get fixed.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it didn't help.

Regular Contributor

Kdinn I haven’t really paid attention to performance on WiFi vs cell data but I’ll run a little testing on that myself and see if it makes any difference and then report back.  Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Well since my last post I ran my iPhone with WiFi off using only cellular data when working with the connect mail app. The result was no change. I experienced all of the same issues as I do when connected to WiFi. I really wish the Comcast development team would either finally fix this app or set it a flame never to be used again. There is a definite conflict somewhere with this app and Apple IOS update 11 which is when all of these issues seemed to start for me. The Comcast reps on here seem sincere in wanting to help but the only thing they offer up is a request to look at the individuals Comcast account and I can’t see where that has absolutely anything at all to do with these issues on their mobile app. On any other platform my comcast email works perfectly fine. I can read it, refresh it and send it with no issues whatsoever. After 5+ months of these same problems it’s clear to me they intend to do nothing about it. I’ve been with Comcast many years now and my overall experience with them has been relatively positive but when they fail they seem to fail miserably and these mail issues with their connect app has been a miserable failure for me.
New Poster

I agree with you ldinpa.  Maybe the difference I am seeing over cellular is due to my phone being an Android rather than an iPhone.  However this degradation in the connect app seems to have happened for me with an app update that occurred last October, I believe it was the one that introduced the "Auto-Download Message Content" setting.  I've tried both with that setting turned on and turned off and it doesn't make any difference in my performance over wifi.

Regular Contributor

Kdinn the fact that you’re using Android blows my theory of conflict between the connect app and the Apple IOS update last fall but since you’re using Android and experiencing the same issues as us iPhone users points further to the fact the issue here is the connect app itself. All I know is this app worked flawlessly for me for at least a year or more prior to last fall and since then a total mess. I’m still using it but each and every time I check mail I must close the app down completely by wiping it off the screen or else the next time I open it to check mail it will not refresh and typically displays the “no network connection” error. You’d think it would be nothing more than the developers reviewing the updates made pre and post complaints to pin point and fix the problem but it’s obvious to me this issue is very low on their priority list.
New Poster

Unfortunately this happens all too regularly.  The mobile email app has never worked well on my S6 - you see the previews, but the app always grinds/hangs when you try to display the full content of any email.  Refreshes are hit & miss at best, and more than a few downright crazy bugs and odd or broken implementations.  I always wind up going to the web mail to do things - simply can't rely on the mobile app...

New Poster

Same problem. Cannot send emails on Samsung 9 plus or Samsung 32 pad.
New Poster

Me, too! For the past week, my husband (Galaxy S8) and I (S6) have been getting the message: Connection could not be established. Please try again later." We can see but can't read incoming emails; it just scrolls and scrolls and then gives that message. We can't mail photos from phone to email.