Community Forum

Help No email in Connect app: It opens with "We are improving your email. This shouldn't take long"

Frequent Visitor

Help No email in Connect app: It opens with "We are improving your email. This shouldn't take long"

When I opened the Xfinity connect app this morning, I got the message "We are improving your email. This shouldn't take long" The message has a blue loading bar. After about a minute or two, I get a pop up box "Initialization Error"  When I click OK my email box is empty. My internet connectivity is excellent. I deleted the app and reloaded it and saw the mailbox with its "new look".  However, the next time I opened the app, got the same messages as before and the same problem. Help

New Poster

Re: Help No email in Connect app: It opens with "We are improving your email. This shouldn't ta

I had this same issue on an iphone 6.  Deleting and reinstalling the app from the app store resolved it for me.

Official Employee

Re: Help No email in Connect app: It opens with "We are improving your email. This shouldn't take...

Hi SantaFeJulie,  apologies for your experiences with the connect app.  Are you still unable to view your emails and have you tested on another device to see if you get the same results?

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Re: Help No email in Connect app: It opens with "We are improving your email. This shouldn't ta

I was able to fix the problem by deleting the app from my phone. I updated the app on iTunes and then downloaded it on my phone. That was the solution. But why did it happen in the first place?
Regular Visitor

I had the same error/issue last week. After 2 days of waiting, I deleted the app and reinstalled it, with no further issues. ..Until today. Same error suddenly popped up. I have an iPhone 6s (all updates are current). Email works on my computer, but not on our two iPhones.
49D650B3-38EF-4FE3-B17F-416260E4F417.jpeg
D4D29D59-AC30-4C07-BA17-F55BF897FA0F.jpeg
Regular Visitor

I’ve edited this comment due to accidental duplication. Thank you.
Frequent Visitor

I'd say this is a problem with the app has with iPhone6s that Xfinity needs to fix

Official Employee

Hi all and thank you for the reply.  I am now showing this is a known issue and our teams are working to correct, as of right now I am not reporting an estimated time of resolution.

Thank you