Community Forum

Formatting in Comcast email

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Formatting in Comcast email

Is there a way to use basic formatting (like bold or underlining) when composing email in Xfinity Connect or any of the other apps? I've never had email that doesn't offer some formatting. Please advise.
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Formatting in Comcast email

If you are asking about Comcast's "Appsuite" webmail, in the Compose window you can click Options and select HTML to access the formatting bar for that message.

You can also change your settings so that HTML is always selected. From the main webmail screen click

(gear icon) / Settings / Mail / Compose / Format emails as
and select "HTML" or "HTML and plain text".

Note that if the Compose window is not "Maximized", some of the format bar items will be missing. See https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Appsuite-webmail-v7-10-0-1-3/m-p/3291863#M214496.

If you are not asking about Comcast's webmail, what program or app are you using?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm using Xfinity Connect app to access my email account (Android version). I can receive in html but can't send anything formatted as there aren't any options I can see while composing emails. Thus, only plain text. Are you saying there is another setting to change? I DO have html checked off under Advanced options, but it appears this only allows me to receive them with no mechanism for sending or formatting as I enter text. Please clarify. Thank you.
Gold Problem Solver

@Sansby wrote: ... Are you saying there is another setting to change? ...

Using webmail on a laptop or desktop, yes. Using the app on a mobile device, apparently not. I can find no way to do it using the Connect App on my cheapo LG phone. The phone's native email client doesn't have HTML compose capability either.

I can't find a clear statement on whether the Connect App allows HTML formatting, but this section from https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-connect-mobile-app-faqs suggests that it doesn't:

Can I edit an email when trying to forward/reply?

• For HTML emails: While replying/forwarding an HTML email ... The app will warn you that "Editing the text will remove all formatting. Do you want to continue?" Tap YES to open the original message without the HTML formatting.
    • Currently, editing of HTML email format is not supported. All HTML emails will be converted to plain text before allowing editing.