Community Forum

Error messages

New Poster

Error messages

Xfinity mobile encountered an error message
Official Employee

Re: Error messages

loubj, thanks for posting. Are you seeing this error on the XFINITY Mobile app? 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I ask that you fix your mobile app so it will open all of my email messages. I don't have any idea how to post publicly.
Official Employee

loubj, are you referring to the XFINITY Connect App? What error message are you getting? 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Every one of my android tablets and phones always says,  "xfinity has encountered an error...", and the app closes,  what the heck, can't you guys fix your stuff? If it was only one,  I wouldn't care,  but this happens on all 3.

Sue 

@ComcastKenF wrote:

loubj, are you referring to the XFINITY Connect App? What error message are you getting? 

Ken

Official Employee

sgeisler, thanks for letting us know here. I know you expect the app to function normally so I'll work with ya to get this done. Did you check the play store to see if there is an update for the app? 

Frequent Visitor

"Xfinity mobile encountered an error. Please try again later"
On my 2nd note 8 and been getting same message for a year. I have contacted service without correction atleast twice. One in 10 emails will open. Its horrible
Official Employee

VMANCIL, thanks for letting us know about your issues with the app. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone? Are you referring to emails in the XFINITY Connect app? 

Ken 

Frequent Visitor

Yes sir. I have over three course of a year uninstalled and reinstalled atleast 4 times. Could it be timing out ?
Official Employee

Yes sir. I have over three course of a year uninstalled and reinstalled atleast 4 times. Could it be timing out ?

Hmm Perhaps. Can you try clearing the cache and cookies from your default web browser and then retest? 

Frequent Visitor

I will certainly try that certainly try that
Official Employee

Sounds good. I'll check in with you tomorrow to see if it worked! 

Ken

Official Employee

Hey! Were you able to clear cache and cookies and retest?

New Poster

Xfinity mobile has encountered an error
Frequent Visitor

Error message

Cleared cache cookies. Still occurs 80 percent of time
Official Employee

Re: Error message

VMANCIL, thanks for running those tests for me. Appreciate it. Do you mind sending me a private message with your full name and the last 4 digits of your card on file so I can access your account? I'd like to get our folks in tech ops to take a look into this further. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

New Poster

Why am i getting a message saying "Xfinity mobil encountered an error, please try again later"
Roger
New Poster

Xfinity mobile encountered an error. Please try again later.

Seeing the same on my mail

One is a Twitter forward, the other was a forward of a movie
Frequent Visitor

No help for a year and a half same issue 75 percent of all emails on 2 different galaxy note 8! Good luck.
Official Employee Digital Care

VMANCIL, We appreciate your update and I'm sorry to hear you are still having troubles with your emails. I would love to take a closer look so we can pinpoint the cause and make corrections so you can open all your emails without issue.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "Comcast_Support", then click "send a message".