Community Forum

Error 102002 sending email

Regular Visitor

Error 102002 sending email

Error code 102002 - no internet connection - has just appeared sending an email. The email did send sometime later. iOS 11.2.5 updated 2 days ago, on iPhone 7+, but I don’t know if that caused the problem.
I don’t use “ connect” much anymore because it never has worked well on the iPhone 7+, since I got the phone. The new emails don’t load and texts are the same, so the app is useless on the 7+.
A customer service representative for exfinity told me to bring the phone to an Apple store for service. To me the problem isn’t the phone.
iOS “Mail” does work and also outlook and spark. “Connect” does work on Android.
New Poster

Re: Error 102002 sending email

Wasnt me.  

New Poster

I had the same problem on my older iPad.  I have the same problem on my brand new iPad!  The devices do not need to go to the Apple Store.  It is the Connect app.  I have tried reporting it...did not get anywhere.  I have done every update...still did not help.  I’m going to delete the app and go back to my Gmail account.  At least I’ll get my emails in a timely fashion.  This app is HORRIBLE!  Thanks Xfinity!! (sarcasm)

New Poster

Same problem with my IPhone 6s. Only happens with connect, no other email. I have to restart 2 or 3 times a day to keep it working. Comcast does not care. Getting email from Comcast on my pc has its own problems too. They are the worst
Contributor

I have the same problem, among many others.
New Poster

Same here with a brand new iPad. The connect says no internet connection while I’m connected and with Comcast infinity. Ridiculous they don’t fix the problem

Regular Visitor

I have sent feedback to them through the Connect app a few times with no answer. For email I now use the built in iOS mail app. It’s strange notifications are working through Connect, but when you tap Connect to open the email, not even the preview shows. It seems to show after some hours, or the next day.
New Poster

SAme here on a  brand new iPad. It’s definitely infinity’s,problem not Apple. 

New Poster

I have the same problem with my I phone8 it will not send or receive emails on my comcast email service. Continue getting error code 1002002. Have call xfinity they could not help. Sometimes it works most times it does not. It is not the phone it is connecting with the Comcast email app with the iphone8. No one can give me a answer!
HELP!’nnnnnnnnn
Frequent Visitor

I had the same error on my iPhone X and iPad 2.  I turned off wifi on the iphone and was able to get my Connect app to load my email through the cellular connection.  Even when trying to log on to this forum I had to revert to a cell connection to log on to Xfinity. I turned my wifi back on and updates to email are being made through the app.  I also had rebooted my router before trying the cellular connection only so that I was fairly sure it wasn't my wifi that was causing the issue.

Frequent Visitor

Update: I continue to get this error when i’m on WiFi, but able to get my email on cellular. I also cannot logon to my xfinity account unless i’m only on a cellular connection. This issue first began around June 23rd.
Regular Visitor

Yes, problem hasn't been changed or corrected. Notifications show but email body doesn't load right away. I don't use or mess with it. All this time Xfinity can't fix! I'm not sure but think ads and bill messages load ok, or maybe not paying much attention to connect anymore. Mail, Outlook work fine. Just move on and forget email on Connect.
New Poster

When I asked about this problem at the Apple store in Vancouver BC, he suggested just bypassing the Comcast app and setting up sending the email to Apple’s email app.  He added my Comcast in a few seconds.