Community Forum

Emails are stuck in outbox

Frequent Visitor

Emails are stuck in outbox

Using app on iPhone 8 or fourth gen iPad, I have been trying to forward an email with a ticket link as well as trying to email text only about this. All are stuck in my outboxes, and the loading never completes so I can’t delete. How do I clear my out box? Any tips for forwarding the tickets in time for the event tomorrow?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Emails are stuck in outbox

Same issue for me. So far I have not found a solution. Would appreciate if someone know how to fix it.
New Poster

I also have the same issue with about 7 or 8 emails hung up in my outbox that I would now like to delete but am unable.  

Frequent Visitor

I’m having the same problem with a forwarded email stuck in the outbox of the iOs Comcast Xfinity Connect app.
Official Employee

Hello All, Can you confirm if you are experiencing the same outbox pending issue when sending from our Xfinity Connect Web Portal for email? Also, does this occur over both WiFi and cellular data?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes on both WiFi and Cellular.
Nick
Frequent Visitor

Both WiFi and cellular using the iPhone App
Official Employee

Thanks for responding, Nick. Are you getting any particular error message? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

When I try to swipe the message I get the following:
“Swipe to Edit is disabled in Outbox. Tap The Edit button to move , mark & delete these items.”

However, the edit button is not active.
Nick
Official Employee

Thanks for letting us know. I'd like to help get a ticket created so we can look further into this. Can you send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

New Poster

My iPad only has WiFi.

Official Employee

Ok, we appreciate you confirming! We apologize about any inconvenience or frustration this is causing, but would be more than happy to further look into this on our end. In order to do so, please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Frequent Visitor

There is no “send private message” option when I click your name as advised. I’m using iPhone 8
Frequent Visitor

Same here
Frequent Visitor

When I click ComcastChe, all I get is a list of your badges and there is no message option
Official Employee

Hi @LastCzechmate

Sorry for the delay. Can you please make sure you are signed in, and then check the top right corner for the option to send a private message? 

Regular Visitor

Help

Official Employee

csclark, I'd be happy to help. Please send me a PM with your first and last name. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Frequent Visitor

Still no guidance on how to send or delete the 9 emails in my Outbox that are stuck.
Frequent Visitor

Correct: no help. I have been asked to “private” message three different Comcast employees with my name and email address and it goes nowhere
Official Employee

ndemiro and LastCzechmate, it looks like you're both speaking with ComcastChe in a PM. Please continue to work with her there towards a resolution for these issues. 

Frequent Visitor

I deleted the Xfinity connect app on both my iPhone and iPad, reinstalled from the cloud, and that seemed to clear the outboxes for both devices. I was also on the phone with Comcast customer service for 40 minutes, so I’m not sure they helped me. We could say they did... but try this before you dedicate an hour on the phone for this.
Frequent Visitor

Deleting then reinstalling the app seemed to work. Using the private messaging with you guys is worse than cumbersome. You and I never got anywhere!
Official Employee

LastCzechmate, I'm glad to hear that the issues seem to be resolved. I do see that ComcastChe responded back to you on Sunday, but we never heard back. 

If there's anything else you need help with, please let us know. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I’m having a lot of trouble suddenly with this Comcast App. Now when I reply to Emails, random people get copied— sometimes whole send lists from other email I have replied to. I’m about to break up with Comcast! Customer service told me to call Apple... like this is their software problem?!
Official Employee

Have you tried to use the email on a non-Apple device? 

Frequent Visitor

Worked fine on different iPhones since 2008 until last Feb. Works fine on iPad. I use browser for Comcast email without any problems on my laptop which is also an Apple product. That’s why I think it may be a virus or software update glitch.
Official Employee

Thank you for clarifying. I would be happy to help troubleshoot further, but we would need to continue in a PM so we can go over the account details. Can you please send me a PM with your first/last name?

Frequent Visitor

[removed]

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. Let me see if I can bypass the app first using my phone’s email utility.
Frequent Visitor

Forwarding an email using the web portal on a Windows computer works as expected. For me this is only a problem using the Xfinity Connect app on an iOS cell phone. I think this is an app problem on a portable device. I’m having the issue on an iOS device, and I’m not sure if this is an issue on an Android device.
Frequent Visitor

I know we are not the only ones!
I searched the topic “reply to email sent to incorrect addresses” and a topic was archived that I couldn’t access. I started a new thread... maybe you could comment on that? Customer Service was useless. They told me to call Call Apple help desk. But my gmail works great on my phone. It’s the Comcast software that’s at fault. No way Apple can help with that.
Frequent Visitor

My ‘reply sent to random
Extra email Addresses’ thread is called:
“Virus? Incorrect addresses are inserted when replying to email”
Frequent Visitor

Very interesting.  I have been sending emails to people on my iPhone and get a response from someone saying that this should not have gone to them.  Somehow when I send the email, it is adding other addresses. Crazy.

Nick

Frequent Visitor

Please tell Comcast! They are telling me that I’m the only one with this problem and that it can’t be their software or a virus!
Frequent Visitor

Situation is fixed. Thank you.
Frequent Visitor

Did you fix emails or did the outbox get cleared? I’m not sure how to fix emails going to extra addresses...
Frequent Visitor

Only Outbox. However, as late as last week, I was sending emails to extra people.
Official Employee

Hi, LastCzechmate and ndemiro. We will continue assisting you to try and get to the bottom of what you're experiencing. LastCzechmate - When you go to compose a new message, does it seem to automatically populate the extra names/group that it seems to be sending the emails to or does that only seem to occur after you attempt to manually fill out one specific recipient? 

Have you attempted to compose any test emails (to yourself for example) to see if the issue with unwanted recipients being added continues, ndemiro?