Community Forum

Email images auto downloading

Alanb54321
New Poster

Email images auto downloading

Email attachments such as company logos are filling my gallery and have to be individually deleted.  Have to request download of attached documents, which is the way it should be.  How do I stop filling gallery with useless logos?

ljhintze
New Poster

Re: Email images auto downloading

Same thing is happening to me.
daveandbear
Regular Visitor

Did you find a solution? I am having this issue also
CarlH3
New Poster

I have this issue too on my Samsung S7. None of my other email apps have this issue.

CarlH3
New Poster

Possible Fix - Email images auto downloading

The auto-downloading image problem seems to happen if you logged into the Xfininity Connect app using your phone number vs. your "@comcast.net" email address. If that's the case, then log out of the Xfininity Connect app and log back in using your "@comcast.net" email address. For now the problem appears to have been resolved.

CarlH3
New Poster

Possible Fix - Email images auto downloading

I'll post any updates if things change... otherwise assume the fix really works. FYI... this fix came from the Xfinity help team.

daveandbear
Regular Visitor

Re: Possible Fix - Email images auto downloading

Hello, thank for responding I really appreciate it. I typically log in and stay logged using my Comcast email as my user name. Just in case I logged out and back in but unfortunately I am still experiencing the issue. Thanks again for trying if you have any other suggestions please let me know.
CarlH3
New Poster

Re: Possible Fix - Email images auto downloading

Nope, sorry to say that it's still happening, and now it's leaving behind corrupted images that I can't deleted from the Gallery on my Samsung S7.