Community Forum

Email Display Name

Highlighted
New Poster

Email Display Name

How can I change my email display name? My wife's name is on it but this is my email address. Thank you...
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Email Display Name

I’ve been trying to figure this out for months. I was able to change it on the website itself, but not in the app. I even deleted the app and reinstalled it after I changed the display name to only show mine in my account. Hopefully someone has the answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

My email address is first initial last name and yet my full name comes up as the sender. I want to change it to first intial last name so that it isn't clear what my full name is - for security reasons. I know this used to be in place because I tested it, but it seems Comcast has changed this. Yet again something Comcast doesn't appear to get input from users or offer an easy way to change.......

Highlighted
Official Employee

1. To change the name displayed in the upper right-hand corner; click on the name and you will be redirected to your account settings.  

2. To change the name displayed when someone receives email from you; 

You will need to login to Webmail by going to Xfinity.com and clicking the envelope. Once there the quickest way to change it is by composing a new email message and clicking your name/email at the top of the compose window and clicking edit and follow the instructions that are displayed.  This will change it in both Webmail and the Xfinity Connect mobile app. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!