Community Forum

Deleting email addresses

rogerandmary
Regular Visitor

Deleting email addresses

I have several email addresses with Comcast that I no longer use. How do I delete them? Thanks

Comcast_Support
Official Employee

Re: Deleting email addresses

Hello @rogerandmary, thanks for reaching out on our Forums and I apologize for the delayed response. Just to confirm, are you speaking in reference to additional usernames attached to your account? If so, please follow these steps to Delete those usernames;

1. Sign in to My Account as the primary user.
  2. Click the Users tab on the top bar.
  3. Locate the user you wish to suspend or remove, and click Edit to the right of their name.
  4. Click Suspend to temporarily deactivate the chosen user, or click Remove to permanently delete the user from your account.
  5. A new window appears. To confirm your decision to suspend, click Suspend User. To confirm removing the selected user, click the Remove User button. 

Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
clramo01
New Poster

Re: Deleting email addresses

If you remove the user  does this permanently delete the email address so no one can use it ?  How long does it take to disable the email address?