Community Forum

Connect app iPhone only working if in foreground

Frequent Visitor

Connect app iPhone only working if in foreground

App has to be currently open, otherwise will not notify of incoming calls. If app is open, it will receive calls.

This is a recent problem. I realized today I had not been receiving call notifications lately, played with it and found they ring only when app is in foreground.

I have Background App Refresh enabled because the app requests it.

Have restarted phone. Have logged out and then back in.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Connect app iPhone only working if in foreground

Hi, Anon885909 - 

I can help with the app issue. Do you have the latest version of the app? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Why remove bump after 13 days?!

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I do have the latest, which is version 6.7.9 from 1 week ago. I have removed and reinstalled the app many times.

The release notes in the Apple App Store for 6.7.7, 2 versions back, states:

Jul 26, 2018
Seems like the app was getting tired of being put in the background. Improved recovery of the app after returning from its long journey to the background.

It is my impression that the app stopped working after I installed that update.

The app developers are saying right there that they modified something about the way the app dealt with being in the background. "Being tired" seems to be their way of saying the app remained asleep - it did not wake up when it was in the backround. Do you agree that is what the release note is saying? So they changed something in order to try to improve that, but it seems that they might have broken something else while doing that.

Thank you.

Official Employee

Anon885909, bumping threads is against our forum rules and guidelines, you can read more about what is/isn't acceptable here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379.

The 6.7.7, Jul 26, 2018 update you are referring to is in regards to the app not properly returning to the foreground and has been resolved.

The issue that you are currently having is known and at this time is considered to be working as intended. This feature will likely be fixed in future releases of the Xfinity Connect App. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

"The issue that you are currently having is known and at this time is considered to be working as intended. This feature will likely be fixed in future releases of the Xfinity Connect App."

OK. I'm suprised no one else is reporting the problem. 

For now, I can select simultaneous ring on my cell phone number as a workaround. That call delivery relies on Comcast voice service, not on the App itself (except to turn the feature on/off.)

Thank you.