Community Forum

Connect App ios 12 doesn't show notifications on Iphone 7

Frequent Visitor

Connect App ios 12 doesn't show notifications on Iphone 7

I upgraded to an iphone 7 from an phone 5C.  Email and phone notifications from Xfinity came up on the lock screen on the 5C. Phone calls from our home number also came up.   They do not on the Iphone 7.  I've rechecked all the settings and see no reason why I dont get notifications.  Any ideas for solution?  

Official Employee

Re: Connect App ios 12 doesn't show notifications on Iphone 7

Hi @duryea125

I've done some troubleshooting on my end and noticed that the app didn't act as if should when I had an incoming call coming in, even with all of my settings and notifications on. 

Can you please check the following settings on your phone: 

1. Press the Menu Bar at top left and select Settings.
  2. Select Call Preferences and then Call Forwarding.
  3. Select XFINITY Connect Mobile App and slide to enable incoming calls. 
  4. Leave the Connect App running in the background on the iPhone 7.
  5. Make a test from a different phone than the iPhone 7. 

Any changes? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have been having the same issue. I have tried all you’ve listed and can not get notifications or calls through the voice2go portion. I have IPhone X Max now but issue started with IPhone 7 earlier this year inconsistently. Is the app currently being worked on or is this an incompatibility issue with IPhones?
Official Employee

Hello, all - 

Do you happen to also have the Xfinity Connect mobile app?

If so, there is a known issue where V2GO notifications will not appear if the Connect app is running in the background, and we are working towards a fix for this. Let me know if this helps with the issue. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!