Community Forum

Connect App Failing on Iphone7

Regular Contributor

Connect App Failing on Iphone7

My Connect App worked perfectly for years with my Iphone 6S. But I switched to an Iphone 7 in June and the app has not worked right since! There are three main  issues: 1. I get notifications of new emails but when trying to open the app, the "circle-arrow" spins but mail doesn't open. 2. I open app and get an error message "No Network Detected / 102002," 3. I get no notifications, open app to check and discover that I am signed out. In most cases, I sign out, then back in to get it working. But it continues to faulter several times every day. I was on a similar thread with this for months but was told to leave that thread and start my own. Thanks for any help.

Official Employee

Re: Connect App Failing on Iphone7

Hello Steveromo, have you tried downloading the app on another device for testing purposes? Have you tried deleting the app and adding it back to your Phone? Do you have issues with any other Xfinity app? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Hello Amir and thanks for replying. Yes I have removed and reinstalled numerous times. I don't have any other devices to test it with. All my other Xfinity apps work fine (My Account, Home, Stream TV, and TV Remote.) While the problem began with my iphone 7 purchase, my iphone mail app that comes with the phone works fine.

Official Employee

Thank you for that information, can you please try testing your access online and share your results? Also I download the app onto my IPhone 6 and IPhone 7 plus and I don't show any errors or do I have problems signing into the app. This means that your device may have downloaded a bad file or your phone may need a firmware update to function properly. Can you please go to your settings and share the version of the app you have installed? Have you been to your phone settings to make sure your notifications are turned on for the Xfinity Connect app? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

The connect app is version 6.7.1. Thanks for testing the app yourself, but you tested iphone 6 and 7plus, but I have iphone 7. The app worked fine for years on my iphone 6. I have notifications on for all options. However, I DO get notifications when the app is running. But I can't open the emails when I open the app. I get errors or the circle just spins and spins!

Official Employee

You're welcome. The spinning can be caused by a poor signal, when you access the app are you connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or through your cell data? You mentioned that your IPhone mail app works fine, is your Comcast email account active on that app as well? 

Regular Contributor

I have strong internet on most occasions, but have these issues on both internet and data. Yes, my Comcast email account is active on the iphone email app. I always had both active on my iphone 6s with no issues. As a test, I disabled to iphone email app. It took about 1 hour before the Xfinity Connect failed again!

New Poster

I am having this problem too. I get notification and I can view the preview but I can’t open up the email. A little circle on the icon going round and round. I have to delete the app and reinstall it and it works for maybe two days then I have to repeat the procedure. Never had this problem until I got this iPhone 7. My iPad I’ve had for 12 years never a problem
Official Employee

Steveromo, let me take a look at this for you on my end and to make sure your credentials are correct on my end. It sounds like your username is tied to another account, or we may need to reset your password then log back into one email client to get this working properly. To get started, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Juleskh, I can assist you as well your issue seems to be similar but different than Steveromo's issue seeing as though your app does work just not all the time. Can you please share what version of the app you have installed and the IOS version on your phone? 

New Poster

Hi, I'm having the same problems on my iphone 6 plus that Steveromo had. I have done all of your suggestions, but they haven't solved the problem. Please advise me as to wht to do next.

Official Employee

Laureen1 wrote: Hi, I'm having the same problems on my iphone 6 plus that Steveromo had. I have done all of your suggestions, but they haven't solved the problem. Please advise me as to wht to do next.

Do you have the latest IOS update on your phone? Have you tested the app on another device? Can you use other Xfinity apps with no issue? Can you send email from the website? 

New Poster

Same problem - really irritating
Official Employee

BarbBr wrote: Same problem - really irritating

Are you signed into more than one mail client currently with your Comcast username and password? 

New Poster

I have had this problem on my iPhone 7plus but I think only since one of the software updates from Apple
Wendie13
New Poster

After using this app for over two years with no problems, I started having the same issues noted below in October 2017. Three app updates later, i’m still having the same issues and have lost patience. I downloaded the Outlook for iOS app last week and about three minutes later I was receiving emails. Everything has been fine since. Goodbye Xfinity Connect app.