Community Forum

Connect App Does Not Work and Comcast is Either Unable to Fix It or They Could Care Less

New Poster

Connect App Does Not Work and Comcast is Either Unable to Fix It or They Could Care Less

There was a time, maybe a couple of months ago, when I could actually click on my Xfinity Connect app, e-mails would automatically load and I could read and direct them to any designated folder and/or delete them without incident.  It was a glorious time.

Then came the "updates" and all of a sudden, simple functions such as opening, reading and disposing of messages became difficult, if not impossible.  Like so many others on this forum, I have regularly encountered the "spinner" when opening the app.  Sometimes e-mails would load after a protracted period.  Sometimes they would not.  On the occasional times when I am able to access them and delete those that I am finished with, they do not delete the first time, or even the second time.  When they finally disappear from my inbox, they magically return the next time I open the app.

This is not the first, or even the second time I have reported my difficulty with this app, and with all of the other similar complaints posted here without a solution, there can be only three reasons why this is continuing:

1.  The right hand is not talking to the left hand.  Either customer service is not communicating with development regarding this ongoing problem, or development is not listening or doesn't want to admit that the problem is with the APP.

2.  Nobody knows how to fix it.  Or maybe no one has yet to recognize that there seems to be a design flaw (or flaws) with THE APP.

3.  Comcast does not care.  Unfortunately, I suspect that this is the real reason.  This has been going on for months now and all customer service can do is suggest that the problem has something to do with the customer's device, connection or actions.  As I said, there was a time when the Connect app worked efficiently and effectively, but now, after what appear to be tons of similar complaints, the fact that IT'S THE APP, STUPID!!! continues to fall on deaf or indifferent ears.

Maybe a little reputation-shaming should be in order.  Nothing else has worked to this point.

New Poster

Re: Connect App Does Not Work and Comcast is Either Unable to Fix It or They Could Care Less

agreed, the same with mine for months.....they had me jump through hoops and act like they have never seen this before.  Hundreds of customers affected  they should stick with cable tv.

Official Employee

Re: Connect App Does Not Work and Comcast is Either Unable to Fix It or They Could Care Less

Hello @all,

Thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback. Our engineers are aware of the issues with the app and are actively working on an update that should be released soon, however, we don't have an ETA. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Frequent Visitor

What does Apple have to do with Comcast’s failures. Your email does not work. It doesn’t update for hours, sometimes days at a time and watching the stupid “spinner” for hours cause vertigo. We’re paying for a service that you are not providing!!!

Official Employee

Hi fogey0, 

Thanks for providing your feedback. The issue is on the backend and will be resolved in an update due to be released in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

New Poster

What gives comcast!! ETA? Anything? I need my emails.
Customer service much?
What a joke.
Official Employee

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA. 

Official Employee

@all

I will be more than happy to create support tickets for all who are still experiencing issues with emails. If you would like me to do so, please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the account number or phone number associated with your services and we can go from there.