Community Forum

Complaint about Xfinity doing Away With the Texting Feature March 2020

LCWATER
Frequent Visitor

Complaint about Xfinity doing Away With the Texting Feature March 2020

Xfinity is not customer user friendly at all. They never ask first.  I use the texting feature faithfully.  I was actually one of the people years ago requesting it because people kept texting my landline and I wasn't getting any notifications, nor were they getting any error messages.  This feature is one of the reasons why I was telling people about Xfinity.  I said even though their services are high, the texting feature along with getting a voice transcript is what I used the most.  I really need this feature.

mathtekno
New Poster

Re: Complaint about Xfinity doing Away With the Texting Feature March 2020

I totally agree. The texting feature has really saved my bacon on numerous occasions where nothing else was going to get the job done. It's a shame that they are being so high-handed and without even an explanation.

eggted
New Poster

I called 215-286-1700, Comcast corporate office and complained about losing the texting feature. He said if they hear from enough people, they might opt to reverse their  decision.

LCWATER
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I kept sending via their website. Contacted them via Facebook, Twitter, and phone and was told it didn't matter how many contacted them; the texting usage wasn't high enough for them to maintain. Calling that number you provided now. Thanks again.