Community Forum

Comcast Connect - error during send

Anon121602
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Connect - error during send

For the past few weeks it has been very difficult sending email with the Comcast Connect iPhone app. After hitting “send” many times we get the message “error during send - message saved to Draft folder”. If I go to the drafts folder and try to resend it, a few times it will send it properly but most times it continues to fail to send. I have tried logging out of the connect app, restarting the app and then logging in again but that does not help. My wife is having the same problem with her Comcast email account on a different iPhone, so this appears to be a Comcast email server issue. What is going on?
jrthor2
New Poster

Re: Comcast Connect - error during send

I’ve been getting the same thing. What is going on???
Kronos5o
New Poster

My Wife has same issue. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, then I went back into Drafts and saw where it made an attempt to send out of Outbox and then went back into Drafts. This started back in May 2020 and has got progressively worse. Her account has a huge amount of emails that she never deletes and she is doing that over the next few days. I'll post back if that has any change but I think it is server-side.

Anon121602
Frequent Visitor

I happened across a post somewhere that mentioned Comcast changing the port used for sending smtp email to the Comcast email servers and that the port might be blocked by ISP providers. This appears to be the problem. When using a wireless connection other than at my house, my messages are failing to send. The fix appears to be turning off my WiFi and the message will then sent properly over cellular. This just started happening recently so it now seems it is due to changes made to the smtp ports Comcast switches to. I don’t know how they can expect customers to contact various ISP’s asking for change their firewalls.
U869
New Poster

Same issues:
Unable to send any email from the Comcast connect APP on my phone. Get an error did not send and goes to the drafts folder.
Always now, never works