Community Forum

Comcast Connect App has quit working

Contributor

Comcast Connect App has quit working

For the past few month the Connect app has constantly given me an error message (102001). I repeatedly thrown the app away “iPhone “ thing and reopened the app and it is fine. 

NOW, the app has quit. I have gone as far as deleting the app, restating the iPad, etc. as I tried to sign into the newly downloaded app I received an error message saying it couldn’t download data. I still get notifications of an email, just nothing is there. 

The iPhone app is also in disarray, but I haven’t deleted it yet. I have been able to accessing my email via a browser/website

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Connect App has quit working

My Xfinity Connect app also stopped working today. Wouldn't download e-mails while on my phone data (but would with my wifi). Deleted the app and downloaded again. Now on my wifi and it won't download the e-mails. It has my contacts in there but gave me an error message. I can delete and reload app if a tech person needs it for troublshooting. I've done it twice and keep getting the same message.

Contributor

Hi guys
Join the already large and growing club with the very same problems that comcast has been claiming to be working on for over a year now.
Contributor

Oh yeah and guess what? They dont give a blank
Contributor

An appropriate new name for Comcast: con-cast
Frequent Visitor

I’m having the same problem with app on my iPhone. Error messages constantly. Updating emails takes forever so I swipe the all closed, reopen app and still ildvemaiks appear not read when I have read them on my iMac.
Syncing is not working! Sent several responses to the Hie are we doing pop up but never get a response!
This all started late in 2017 and had continued to be a big pain for 5 months.
New Poster

Same here. I have updated my iphone 7, rebooted my phone, signed out and back on, refreshed my internet, no reported outages in Flint Mi area.....very frustrating. Paying to get ripped off!
Frequent Visitor

Yup, not working as of about 5:00 PM EST today on my galaxy 7 edge.
New Poster

Same here. Will not download new email . Contacted Xfinity Tech. They are aware of App problem but no resolution .
Contributor

My iPad app started working again without my reinstall ping since my original post. My iPhone one is also working. More updates if I notice any changes. 

New Poster

Checked around midnight last night and email downloaded to phone and pad ... and again this morning ... problem seems to be resolved. Thank you all for the posts ... keeps us all from chasing our tails in trying to solve what we think might be a problem with our own devices.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, mine is now working too. Hope it's a permanent fix to the app!

Contributor

Mine still not working just got s call from Comcast . I did not write best answer to Comcastche but for some reason he will not let me reply. I would have been fired a month after it stopped working. Instead of instal uninstall get a new tech
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone but me think the remote app is useless if you can't program the DVR from you phone? They say that ther is a third party issue.

Frequent Visitor

Yes I do think it is useless now that we cannot set our DVR remotely. That was one of the great features and now it has been taken away. 

New Poster

@dvdjck wrote:

For the past few month the Connect app has constantly given me an error message (102001). I repeatedly thrown the app away “iPhone “ thing and reopened the app and it is fine. 

NOW, the app has quit. I have gone as far as deleting the app, restating the iPad, etc. as I tried to sign into the newly downloaded app I received an error message saying it couldn’t download data. I still get notifications of an email, just nothing is there. 

The iPhone app is also in disarray, but I haven’t deleted it yet. I have been able to accessing my email via a browser/website

Contributor

I gave up on that app 2 years ago . There are some really nice ppl here not Comcast ppl users who will help you. Even tho I have Comcast phone service I gave up on that app . They don’t care it’s been going on for almost 2 years with me. I just use my iPhones mail app evento I don’t get landline messages anymore. Good luck with that one . Don’t expect Comcast to help . Good luck