Community Forum

Cannot log in to Xfinity Connect app

New Poster

Cannot log in to Xfinity Connect app

One of the recent updates bricked the Xfinity Connect app on my Samsung Galaxy J3--it does not let me get past the log in page.  When I open the app I see a page saying I'm already logged in and asks if I want to continue but I never get past that page.  If I try to log in as someone else and re-enter my credentials I loop back to the login page even though the creds are correct, and upon re-opening the app it says I'm already logged in but the app won't go past the login page.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Connect app three times in the last 15 minutes, and tried removing an old Xfinity folder in my Apps directory in the hopes a clean install would fix it, but it didn't work.  I have no trouble logging in to the Xfinity Stream and My Account apps; only Connect gives me trouble.  Has anyone seen this problem before, and how did you fix it?

Official Employee

Re: Cannot log in to Xfinity Connect app

Hi there, spider-ball. Thanks for reaching out, welcome to the community. Have you tried force-quitting the background tasks on your device, powering the device all the way down and back on, and then re-attempting? If not, I would try that. Let us know whether or not you continue to experience trouble with the app after that, we're here to help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

See the "Xfinity Connect app not staying connected" thread under this forum. You will get more info there.

Official Employee

There can be a few different reasons for this issue. It can sometimes be due to the way that the email/username being used is associated with our system. It can cause log in loops on all of our apps, especially if it's linked to an old WiFi On Demand pass for example. It seems to be recognizing you as logged in spider-ball but since it won't let you sign out manually within the app to start fresh, I should be able to remotely disconnect the device from being logged in on this end. The issue in that other thread seems to be more of a delay when attempting to view email, as opposed to trouble with logging in. There is a known issue causing a delay in our email platforms currently, that could be the cause for your trouble, smizak. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

What you say may be true. There is an easy way to test it. On your device simply clear all app data and you will most likely be able to log in to the connect app again. Then log out and see if you can log in again.

As far as the "known" issue causing a delay, I assure you that this is NOT the case or the cause of the problem being discussed in our thread. If that were the case we would be experiencing this issue on all versions of android. This is only affecting pre 5 (lollipop) android. My post 5 android devices are working fine with the connect app.  I am still awaiting a call back from the ecare people since they were supposed to talk with tier 3 about this issue. It has been two days with no joy.

Official Employee

Those requests can take a few days and they can get put on hold if additional information is needed. How long ago was the request opened?

Contributor

The initial trouble ticket was started two and a half weeks ago. They subsequently closed that one and the next ticket I opened as being "fixed" by the "ongoing outages" that were occuring. Without consulting me I might add.  I don't think anyone actually took the time to really understand just what the issue is. This isn't isolated to one device or one person. A good many people on older android versions are experiencing this issue that started right after the January update of the Connect app.See the other thread I mentioned for information.

Official Employee

We will get to addressing the posts in that thread, but there is an order for how the posts come in to us. It's good that you already have a request open, they could still be in the process of gathering other information from others users about the problem. These things can sometimes take a while and it's not currently part of our known issues.