Community Forum

Cannot access my voicemails through the connect app

New Poster

Cannot access my voicemails through the connect app

I can read my emails I used to be able to view voicemails now I cannot what do I do to fix this
Contributor

Re: Cannot access my voicemails through the connect app

Same here. Something with the connect app has gone all weird on me & I can't figure out what I may have done to mess it up. I also can no longer access voicemails to my home xfinity line on my cell, and the call forwarding feature now uses the same ringtone my verizon cell phone uses everytime my xfinity voice line at home gets a call. (It used to have a different xfinity tone)

Official Employee

@Angela262, sorry for the delayed reply. I can look into this. From what you're describing, it seems like there is something on the backend that needs to be changed. Please send me a private message with your first and last name. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

@lmdwoodlands, I've just replied to your private message. Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I was unable to send private message for some reason what an I do to fix this
Contributor

I realized almost immediately after I posted this that the reason I wasn't seeing voicemails through my connect app was that my "box" was full. I deleted most of my previous messages & that took care of the problem, I now see them as before.

Still working on getting the old Xfinity ringtone back for the XfinityVoice calls that Connect puts through to my Verizon cell so I can tell the difference.

Official Employee

Thanks for letting me know you were able to get this resolved @lmdwoodlands. In order to change the ringtone, please follow the steps below:

• Open the Xfinity Connect App
  • Go to Settings
  • Call preferences
  • Click on Voice2Go Ringtone

I hope this helps. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

THANK YOU! Your instructions fixed it right up, everything's back to normal.

New Poster

I never said I fixed it at all it’s still the same way I still can’t retrive my vm from the app it’s all good we are going to direct tv and getting rid of Comcast
Official Employee

@lmdwoodlands

Thanks for letting me know this helped resolve your issue. Let us know if you need anything else. 

@Angela262

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm off on Saturday's and Sunday's. I understand your issue is not resolved. I sent you a private message on Thursday requesting additional information to help get this resolved. When you do have a moment, can you please check it so I can continue assisting you? 

Regular Visitor

Good morning,
I can view call logs on the Connect app, but the voicemail display option is greyed out. I'd appreciate some advice on how to resolve this issue.
Contributor

Cubellis, did you empty (or at make some room) in your vociemail box by deleting old ones? That's what got it back for me. My box had become full.

(I do think it would be helpful if there were some sort of explanation on the app itself that this is what users need to do if we want to keep seeing newer voicemails.)

Regular Visitor

I wish I was able to do that, but I don't yet have any voicemail.
I just established phone service with Xfinity yesterday.
Official Employee

@Cubellis

Thanks for letting me know the troubleshooting steps I took have now given you access to view and read your voicemails. In your situation, this feature had to be enabled before you could use it. If you should have any issues in the future, feel free to open a new thread, and we'd be happy to assist you however we can. Thanks for being the BEST part of Comcast, take care.