Community Forum

Can’t receive Voice2go phone calls on 2nd iPad

Frequent Visitor

Can’t receive Voice2go phone calls on 2nd iPad

My iPad Air with iOS 11 worked perfect.

Got a new ipad 6th generation with iOS 12.  

Text messaging works fine.

outgoing phone calls work fine.

Incoming call do not work at all.

The Voice2go setup is the same on both iPads. I eventually deleted the app on the original iPad in case it was getting the phone calls.

I thought it might be my data plan or SIM card but realized it doesn’t work with Wi-Fi either.  Could it be iOS 12? I’ve not seen any iOS 12 complaints.

when I’m home, it’s wifi only,  when I’m away it’s celluar only.  But I have tried it with both enabled. 

Thanks,

Garry

Official Employee

Re: Can’t receive Voice2go phone calls on 2nd iPad

Hi, Morromid. Thanks for posting! It's interesting that the Xfinity Connect application (with the Voice2go feature) is having some difficulty upon installation on your new device. There are a few things that could cause this and we'll get into those to narrow things down a bit here. iOS 12 is a compatible version for Apple products for this application. You can enable/disable incoming calls to the Xfinity Connect app:

1. Press the Menu Bar at top left and select Settings.
  2. Select Call Preferences and then Call Forwarding.
  3. Select XFINITY Connect Mobile App and slide to enable/disable incoming calls.

Can you make sure this setting is set to enable incoming calls? Turning off inbound calls will disable all notifications for any incoming calls to the app, including the Caller ID feature. After the inbound calls are set to off, all calls to the app will automatically go to voicemail and your app will not ring. If you check that and it is already enabled, do you have any advanced call forwarding settings set up - even if they had been set and working fine prior to the new device?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestions.

call forwarding  is on and includes my home number as well as the app (same phone number) both are “on”.

There is nothing else I can say about the advanced call forwarding.

Official Employee

Morromid - Got it and are you currently logged into the application with your primary username?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Logged in now.

just logged out and back on after disabling/re-enabling the app forwarding.

Official Employee

@Morromid

Are you able to receive incoming calls after logging in? Do you leave the app running in the background, or do you close it out? 

I'd like take a deeper look into the Voice2go settings on the backend. Can you confirm your first and last name in private message?  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Frequent Visitor

Come mcastche,

I’m not seeing an option to send you a message.

A screenshot is enclosed

D952F779-394E-490C-9420-EA7993A9A5D5.png
Official Employee

Hi @Morromid

I received and replied to your private message. Please reply at your convenience and we can begin looking into the cause of your Voice2Go issues. Chat with you soon! 

Official Employee

Hey @Morromid!

I just wanted to thank you for using the Forums, and for your patience while we got this resolved. If you should run into any issues in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Thank you for being a valued customer. 

Frequent Visitor

The problem has been resolved.

Apparently behind the scenes by Comcast. I enjoyed taking to ComcastChe. My problem went away and i’m In the dark what the actual fix was, so I can’t actually flag a message here as the answer to my problem in order to help out other forum members.

Morro

Official Employee

Hi @Morromid!

Thanks for the follow-up. Your issue was caused by a back-end provisioning error. I'm happy it is now fixed. Feel free to post to our community if you have any concerns in the future.