Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Can't disable call forwarding to cell phone from home phone

Frequent Visitor

Can't disable call forwarding to cell phone from home phone

After installing Xfinity Connect app on my android phone I can't disable the call forwarding from my Comcast home phone to my cell phone. When I go to settings there isn't a Xfinity Connect under advanced call forwarding for me to toggle to the off position.

New Poster

Re: Can't disable call forwarding to cell phone from home phone

I'm not able to disable the Call Forwarding either on my new Android.  Comcast's FAQ says there is a toggle to turn it on and off but that is not present.  All I can do is control how many rings before voicemail picks up.  I cannot just edit my Comcast home number or delete it either--no option to do that.  I really, really, really don't want my smartphone going off during the day at work because of random calls going to the house phone.  I'm at the latest versions for Andriod and Xfinity Connect.  Hoping this gets fixed soon.

New Poster

I have the same problem!

Problem Solver

Hopefully the information below will help you all out.  I am using the connect app on my original pixel xl phone running the latest version of Android.

On your cell phone, open up the Connect App and touch the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen to open up the menu. Select the Settings option and then select Call Preferences then select Call Forwarding.  At this point I have a screen that lists my primary Xfinity Voice number and one of the virtual numbers I have setup, so I select the primary Xfinity Voice number.  At this point it will take a moment as it reads the settings for the number.  On the screen that shows up, depending upon how you are forward your home phone calls to your cell phone, the Xfinity Connect Mobile App may be reading On, select this to get to the screen where you can toggle it to Off.  If you are forwarding to your actual cell phone number, you will see it listed and it may be reading On, select this to get to the screen where you can toggle it to Off.  

Hope this helps you out.