Community Forum

Caller ID no longer works (connect app)

Contributor

Caller ID no longer works (connect app)

My caller ID no longer works on my iPhone after the update on june 12. As I have read this update was supposed to take care of bug fixes in email. Well you may have tried to fix one thing, but messed up another. I have been using this app for 3 years with no problem. It gives me a notification (caller ID) on my iphone screen when someone calls my home. If I need to call them back I can. Now I'm not getting anything. Way to go once again Comcast!

Regular Visitor

Re: Caller ID no longer works (connect app)

This is happening to me as well, I have a Samsung phone. No one at comcast seems to know what I am talking about. Quite frustrating. Really liked this feature want it back.
Contributor

Same here. That's really the only reason I even use this app.
Contributor

On July 7th my connect app starting working again for some unknown reason. My guess is that Comcast did something to mess it up while trying to fix the email bug issue they had which I never use the app for email anyway. I can now receive my CID while away from home as I have for 3 years. I didn't reply sooner as I wanted to make sure it would continue to work. I hope yours starts also. You may want to check for any updates from the Apple app updates or Android. Mine stopped after the last update on June 12. Not sure if it updated again or not. Good luck and keep me posted! Thanks
Contributor

I tried it yesterday, but Xfinity was having all sorts of problems. While troubleshooting I logged off the Connect app, deleted it, and reinstalled it on my iPhone. Took a long time to log in because it kept getting stuck at retrieving account info. Once I was able to get in and go to voice, the app stated that I needed to get a PIN to enable this feature. Doh!

I have and know my PIN but I couldn't get around this on the Connect app, so I jumped on the Xfinity website. After logging in and clicking on the phone icon expecting to see my VMs and call logs, the website stated that I needed to get my PIN before I could go any further. Clicking on the get PIN took me back to the billing page. I had to dig around the Xfinity portal to find my PINs and they were already set, but yet both the Connect app and voice page kept telling me I needed a PIN.

I am now able to view my VMs and call logs online and Connect app no longer prompts me for the PIN like yesterday. Time will tell whether the caller ID notification comes up on my iPhone.

Regular Visitor

No still not working.. I have android.. Just spent almost an hour at a Comcast service center where a really nice employee (Titus) tried to fix the issue.. He had no idea why it's not working.
Contributor

Caller ID still not working for me on the Connect app; although, I can get VM notifications.

Contributor

Have you checked your moble phone, as well as the app notification settings? My CID is still working fine everytime my home phone rings, both at home and when away from home on my iPhone screen.  I would suggest checking your phones notification settings first, then the connect app. Good luck!

Contributor

Yes, I have notificatons turned on in my iPhone settings for the Connect app. As for the Connect app itself, see link for my settings. Please let me know if you have the same settings. Btw, the 202 number is Nomorobo and caller ID has worked with Nomorobo in the past, so I don't think that is the issue.

https://imgur.com/a/Y46p9FH

Contributor

It's the app.  It hasn't worked properly in quite a while.  I was able to get a work around by having the simultaneous ring turned on so I would get a notification that way on my phone, but with the latest update, now that's not working either.

Contributor

I don't use voice2go for one thing or text msg's from Comcast. I do use the email very seldom on my iPhone. I am not sure if the voice2go and text may be causing a issue or not. I use iMessage for text. Make sure your cellular data is set to on. I always keep my connect app set to all calls. If I want to check a voice mail I switch it over then back to all calls, same with email.  Other than that, your settings look fine. I only use the connect app for caller ID when away from home. If I want to return a call, then I use my iPhone carrier to do so. Voice2go is used to call forward your home phone to your cell phone. This may be your issue!

Contributor

On my previous post my app stopped after the June 12 update. It didn't work for several weeks and then started working on it's own, or should I say Comcast fixed a issue. They did this update June 12 to fix email bugs and that's when mine stopped working. I find it odd that after I started this thread and some others followed with the same issue, mine started working. No one else seems to be so fortunate!

New Poster

My wife had the same issue when she upgraded her phone. I was able to fix by changing the default login preference in the Connect App to "Voice".

Settings - Login Preferences - (After login take me to) Voice

After change I tested in the App, Closed App & Locked phone. All test worked. 

Contributor

@mangonz wrote:

My wife had the same issue when she upgraded her phone. I was able to fix by changing the default login preference in the Connect App to "Voice".

Settings - Login Preferences - (After login take me to) Voice

After change I tested in the App, Closed App & Locked phone. All test worked. 

Tried that...didn't do a thing.  Still doesn't give me a notification when someone is calling my home phone.  I'm going to try to turn simultaneous ring back on, but I'm not holding my breath.

New Poster

Caller Id no longer works