Community Forum

OneDrive Blocked by Xfinity Advanced Security

asmeets
New Poster

OneDrive Blocked by Xfinity Advanced Security

Yesterday my OneDrive (not OneDrive for Business) stopped syncing and I couldn't login to any of the sync apps. After a day of testing/troubleshooting, I tried connecting using my mobile phone hotspot and it works. Looking at the forms, Comcast has blocked OneDrive on occasion, and it appears it went to my connection now too. How do we request that this is removed so we can use OneDrive? OneDrive for Business syncing works, but OneDrive for personal accounts does not. @ComcastRachelH can you have engineering take a look at this?

EG
Expert

Re: OneDrive Blocked by Xfinity Advanced Security

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
asmeets
New Poster

I spoke with Comcast Advanced Security support and apparently, they created a case and would be lifting the block against the service within the next three hours. @ComcastJason or others, is there a way to prevent this in the future aside from turning off advanced security?

asmeets
New Poster

Yes, @EG disabling Xfinity Advanced Security helped, but would rather turn that back on if I could. This really was the first time it's been an issue.