Community Forum

App says modem offline.

Highlighted
New Poster

App says modem offline.

Activated a new gateway yesterday. It is working great. However the Xfinity app says modem off line. It is obviously is referring to old modem. I called and they said they would look into it. Hopefully someone knows what to do.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: App says modem offline.

I'm getting the same message but the gateway is in fact online.  Everything's connected.  The gateway was new in June 2020.  Why am I getting this message?  I was just looking to see the list of all connected devices but can't because of this message.

Highlighted
New Poster

After talking to numerous people who had no clue. I finally found someone who solved it. They had to remove the old modem from my account. Once they did that the app worked great.
Highlighted
Contributor

This has also happened to several of us in another thread. My modem is 3-4 years old and everything was fine until several days ago. so the old modem doesn't seem to be the issue?

Highlighted
New Poster

I don't see how it could be.  I moved in June but in the same neighborhood.  Comcast gave me a new account number at that time.  It worked fine until a few days ago.   Before finishing my reply I decided to check the app again.  Now it asks me to sign in.  I never had to sign in before.  I tried several times & get a pop up that says "that didn't go as planned try again or sign-out".  I don't know WTH is going on.  I think I'll uninstall & reinstall the app.  Very aggravating.