Community Forum

xfinitystream skips when playing saved recordings

New Poster

xfinitystream skips when playing saved recordings

I haven't noticed problems with netflix, amazon or any other streaming services.  The hanging/skipping may happen watching live TV but I mostly notice it playing shows I've recorded on dvr.  It usually only skips a few seconds.  Here are my technical details:

iMac running osx 10.9.5

modem is Technicolor DPC3941T

I'm directly wired to the modem, no wifi

Speedtest download=175.26 Mbps, upload=23.48 Mbps

browser is Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Are there known problems with Chrome?  Any setting changes I can try?

Official Employee

Re: xfinitystream skips when playing saved recordings

Hi lboocker, do you have the same skipping issue when you play the content online? Do you notice this problem with specific networks or shows? 

New Poster

This problem is always online.  It happens when I've dvr'd using the cable box and then watching at my.xfinity.com but not when watching with the cable box.  No, it doesn't seem to be specific networks or shows but it does seem to happen in bunches.  That is, if one show skips, they all do.  And when one show runs cleanly, they all do.

Official Employee

We launched a new version of the Xfinity Stream app version 4.8.1 yesterday, please delete the app that you have installed currently and download it again so that the latest version can be uploaded. The updates made within this version should resolve your problem. 

New Poster

Hello, I've been having the same issue with dvr cloud recorded shows skipping when I try to watch them. I've been watching on a Mac mini, directly through the website in the safari browser, but it doesn't seem to be a computer or wifi issue as I'm hard wired in.  I can pull up the same recording somwhere else and its the same exact skips.  It doesnt always happen, but when it does it makes the shows practically unwatchable due to the big gaps in shows, sometimes several seconds up to whole minutes. Hopefully you're new update will help?

Also, I've had shows not complete recording. I noticed in the FAQ that you only allow two shows to record at once. Is there any kind of notification that you've scheduled a conflict? What happens if you try to record a third? Does it just stop recording everyhting? 

Regular Visitor

I’m having the same issue watching recordings on my iPad. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled with 4.8.1 and the skipping is still happening. When I watch the same recording on my cable box it does not skip.
Official Employee

Hello jw124 and TristanS, thank you for your feedback. I will pass this information along to our engineers so that we can get this issue taken care of, I will update this thread once we know more. 

New Poster

I am also having this problem on the app on my phone and when I try to watch my recorded shows on my computer as well. 

New Poster

I am having this issue as well. I also did the update, and it still does not work. Skips so bad. 

Official Employee

Hi mk9910 and KimGambel, do you get this error on content that recorded after you downloaded the latest version of the Xfinity Stream app? 

New Poster

ComcastAmir, 

Yes, I am still having skips on my recordings that I recorded after I downloaded the latest version of the Xfinity Stream app. 

New Poster

Hello, I just wanted to follow up with this and see if you guys are making any progress? I'm still haivng problems with recordings skiping, especially shows on FOX.

Thaks

Regular Visitor

I am still having this problem, in fact it seems to be worse now than ever. I recorded the Top Chef on 3/8 and it is skipping every minute or less.
Expert

@jw124 wrote:
I am still having this problem, in fact it seems to be worse now than ever. I recorded the Top Chef on 3/8 and it is skipping every minute or less.

click on the username @ComcastAmir and select to private message him. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

re: your comments below.  Oddly enough this doesn't happen with the Xfinity stream on my mobile phone, but happens on the xfinity.com website as I like to listen on my computer.  This started about a month ago and I never had the problem before.  I am paying too much money for Triple Play to deall with this.

Expert

@deenamk wrote:

re: your comments below.  Oddly enough this doesn't happen with the Xfinity stream on my mobile phone, but happens on the xfinity.com website as I like to listen on my computer.  This started about a month ago and I never had the problem before.  I am paying too much money for Triple Play to deall with this.

since iphone and laptop use the same cloud DVR, you've narrowed the problem down to the laptop. try a different browser or move a bit closer to the modem? have you rebooted that computer lately?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.