Community Forum

xfinity stream

New Poster

xfinity stream

The ads on some of the shows are getting out of control! For the last episode of Gotham, mid-way thru the show, it starts showing 20 ads! At the end of the ads, it switches the show to watched and exits! Starting it again, causes it to go thru the 20 ads again and quits after! Has anyone had similar issues with Ads online? Why cannot xfinity stream's browser, which is based on Hulu's I believe be made smart enough to recognize the ads it has gone through and not force you to watch them again if you rewind etc.?? Does Comcast not realize that the more these ads are forced on folks, the more they are disliked and unaccepted? Most annoying!

Expert

Re: xfinity stream

@romistry wrote:

The ads on some of the shows are getting out of control! For the last episode of Gotham, mid-way thru the show, it starts showing 20 ads! At the end of the ads, it switches the show to watched and exits! Starting it again, causes it to go thru the 20 ads again and quits after! Has anyone had similar issues with Ads online? Why cannot xfinity stream's browser, which is based on Hulu's I believe be made smart enough to recognize the ads it has gone through and not force you to watch them again if you rewind etc.?? Does Comcast not realize that the more these ads are forced on folks, the more they are disliked and unaccepted? Most annoying!

you did not state the whole information to be able to reproduce. need name of series (Totham), season number, episode number, and at what point. did you use a slider (sometimes available for on-demand programs) and advance past several commercial breaks causing a catch-up to the play position?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.