Community Forum

xfinity stream dvr playback problem

New Poster

xfinity stream dvr playback problem

i've been trying to watch my dvr'd programs from my dad's dvr through the xfinity stream website on my desktop.
i live in a different city than my dad, but i have been able to watch shows on occasion...last night, for instance.

however, most of the time, i just get a loading screen (tv channel logo, 3 dots...). after a minute or to of that, it switches to a screen that says

YOU CAN STILL WATCH THIS ON ON DEMAND

unfortunately, there is a problem with DVR playback. the good news?

___________________ is available on demand.

then it gives me the option to watch on demand.

i DO NOT get an error message. PLEASE HELP

New Poster

Re: xfinity stream dvr playback problem

I am also getting  the same error

Help

New Poster

Did you get this fixed?  Im having the same issue

New Poster

I called xfinity to complain and I was told they got rid of this service... you can no longer playback recorded shows through other devices (I believe when you are not on your  xfinity provided wifi) which is crazy to me since this is what I heavily rely on. 

Frequent Visitor

You can still playback a DVR recorded show on another device, and in a different state even. However, the problem just started for me away from home over the last week or so. Sometimes it only happens once. But just now it happened 3 times during an hour show recorded on my home DVR last week. The internet where I am at is fast. I'm at a loss as to why this suddenly began happening. My home DVR was refreshed, but it didn't help.
Expert

@Jeleal wrote:
You can still playback a DVR recorded show on another device, and in a different state even. However, the problem just started for me away from home over the last week or so. Sometimes it only happens once. But just now it happened 3 times during an hour show recorded on my home DVR last week. The internet where I am at is fast. I'm at a loss as to why this suddenly began happening. My home DVR was refreshed, but it didn't help.

are you seeing any error messages and error numbers? you didn't quote any post so it is hard to determine what issue you are having.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

It has been working good the last two weeks. Must have been on Comcast's end where I live. Thanks.