Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

xfinity TV app can't record and doesn't show Recordings or Scheduled under "Saved" menu

Contributor

xfinity TV app can't record and doesn't show Recordings or Scheduled under "Saved" menu

I have X1, and have been getting a severe run around on this.

My X1 works perfectly fine on everything other than the X1 app.  In the app, I can't record and then the recordings and scheduled menu never pops up.  I have 2 X1 DVR's and have tried recording from both, the DVR's see each other DVR's recordings but the app never does.

Tried replacing DVR, upgrading DVR firmware, reinstalling the app, etc...

Frustration level is elevated a bit... 10 calls into comcast, each call usually ends up with me getting transferred 2 or 3 times to someone else.  Eventually ask for a supervisor and then sit on hold for 20 minutes just for them to say they are having the supervisor call me back (which never happens).

IMG_0038.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Administrator

Re: xfinity TV app can't record and doesn't show Recordings or Scheduled under "Saved" men

**CURRENT AS OF 11/28/2017**

All,

Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.

If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.

All Replies
Problem Solver

Re: xfinity TV app can't record and doesn't show Recordings or Scheduled under "Saved" menu

Are you in one of the markets that doesn't have Cloud DVR? See this link X1 DVR with Cloud Technology: General FAQs for a listing of markets not having Cloud DVR.

If you are not in one of those markets, call Comcast and ask to speak to Billing.  Tell them you want the rate codes for Cloud DVR added to your account.  If you tried that already, then you will need one of the Comcast forum members to escalate your issue.  If all else fails, send a PM to ComcastChad or ComcastAndrew.

Contributor

Re: xfinity TV app can't record and doesn't show Recordings or Scheduled under "Saved" menu

Ticket finally got escalated to tier3, they found that the x1 cloud dvr code was not applied to my account and fixed it in less than 5 minutes.

What a relief (though someone I talked to previously said they were adding the x1 cloud dvr code to my account).

Contributor

Yeah, I am in one of the markets.

This is it, now fixed.

IMG_0039.PNG
Administrator

Re: xfinity TV app can't record and doesn't show Recordings or Scheduled under "Saved" men

**CURRENT AS OF 11/28/2017**

All,

Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.

If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.