Community Forum

xfinity Live TV streaming is awful, constantly stops/pauses, rarely resumes unless done so manually

New Poster

xfinity Live TV streaming is awful, constantly stops/pauses, rarely resumes unless done so manually

In using the xfinity streaming service, the playback is almost unwatchable.  It pauses every 4-8 minutes and will not begin playback until manually prompted.  As I am entering this post, as if on cue, I get this frequently as well "Live Playback has been stopped".This kills the experience and you wonder why bother at all.   Is this fixable?  Shouldn't issues like this have worked these flaws out in beta?  Let me guess, it is my internet connection right?  Funny, that is xfinity as well.  It would be great if I could watch an entire movie without having to reload the app over and over.

Expert

Re: xfinity Live TV streaming is awful, constantly stops/pauses, rarely resumes unless done so manua

@NovaHope wrote:

In using the xfinity streaming service, the playback is almost unwatchable.  It pauses every 4-8 minutes and will not begin playback until manually prompted.  As I am entering this post, as if on cue, I get this frequently as well "Live Playback has been stopped".This kills the experience and you wonder why bother at all.   Is this fixable?  Shouldn't issues like this have worked these flaws out in beta?  Let me guess, it is my internet connection right?  Funny, that is xfinity as well.  It would be great if I could watch an entire movie without having to reload the app over and over.

what device and operating system are you using? what browser? (you posted in streaming website area but website does not use an app)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.