Community Forum

why do we have to pay for a previous series that we want to watch the last episode of sometimes?

New Poster

why do we have to pay for a previous series that we want to watch the last episode of sometimes?

Can we be provided with our ISP address and why do we have to pay or a series we watched the previous season to remember where the new season left off?

Expert

Re: why do we have to pay for a previous series that we want to watch the last episode of sometimes?

@Sylvias772 wrote:

Can we be provided with our ISP address and why do we have to pay or a series we watched the previous season to remember where the new season left off? 

the producers of the programming episodes determine the availability (called stacking) of episodes. in the past it is around 5 of the last broadcast episodes but many contracts are keeping at least the current season and even the previous season available on demand. Sometimes the provider's own website/app (example ABC) will offer other episodes for free viewing. A DVR allows you to record and watch when you are ready.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.