Community Forum

when streaming live- the screen only shows a wallpaper picture of the program

Regular Visitor

when streaming live- the screen only shows a wallpaper picture of the program

using an android nugat device, when clicking on a program for a live stream from the guide, the only thing that shows after clicking from the guide is just a picture of that particular program. No "watch" button shows up... just the picture of what that program is. I have tried older versions of the app, and its still the same.

it USED to work fine, what is going on? 

Official Employee

Re: when streaming live- the screen only shows a wallpaper picture of the program

Hi leb1121, 

Are you still having issues? What's the make and model of the phone device you are using? 

Regular Visitor

Re: when streaming live- the screen only shows a wallpaper picture of the program

still having same problem.

Its actually a car stereo. Brand name "pumpkin" that is running android nugat 7.

Im capable of watching all on demand videos, however, its just the "live" chanels that only show a walpaper screen and not the video.

its strange becuase last month it was working with out issues.

I tried it from my home network,so it shouldnt be a out of home issue. 

i can sumbit a photo if need be... 

Official Employee

Hi leb1121, 

Ok, thanks for confirming. I'd like to escalate your issues to our advanced tech department. Can you send me a private message verifying your account info in order to do so? 

• Your first and last name
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Regular Visitor

Re: when streaming live- the screen only shows a wallpaper picture of the program SOLVED

Good news,

i took a chance and went into my adnroid settings. I changed the screen resolution ( for objects on screen, not font size) and set it to "small".

this solved the issue and and allowed the xfinity stream app to propperly display the page with the "watch now" link instead of just the wallpaper.

I will post another response with photos of the setting. 

I dont know if this is device specific setting, or if its a Android Nugat setting. however, this solved the problem.

Thank you for the help

Official Employee

Re: when streaming live- the screen only shows a wallpaper picture of the program SOLVED

Hi leb1121, I am glad that you were able to resolve this issue and thanks for sharing your resolution with us here. Have a good day.