Community Forum

troubleshooting

Frequent Visitor

troubleshooting

error msg on TV screen, 12 times in 5 min. "WiFi is not connected"  How do I stop that msg?

Expert

Re: troubleshooting

@mauricecaf wrote:

error msg on TV screen, 12 times in 5 min. "WiFi is not connected"  How do I stop that msg?

you posted in the streaming web site area of the forum. are you using a PC to watch?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

no answer yet.  Problem did not occur this evening, Sunday Feb 10.

Maurice

Silver Problem Solver

@mauricecaf wrote:

no answer yet.  Problem did not occur this evening, Sunday Feb 10.

Maurice

Did you use a smart phone app or the Stream website with a computer?

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

The smart phone was turned off.  This msg is on my TV screen.  When I go to the Xfinity app on my TV, it shows Gateway Online with the 2 internet connections that are on my Xfinity router.  I have done a Restart Gateway and waited the 10 min as stated on the TV screen, but the problem of the "WiFi is not connected" msg still occurs after that.

Silver Problem Solver

@mauricecaf wrote:

The smart phone was turned off.  This msg is on my TV screen.  When I go to the Xfinity app on my TV, it shows Gateway Online with the 2 internet connections that are on my Xfinity router.  I have done a Restart Gateway and waited the 10 min as stated on the TV screen, but the problem of the "WiFi is not connected" msg still occurs after that.

So you are trying to stream with your TV.  If you do not have the X1 service, I can't help because I DO have the X1 system.

Is this the service you are trying to use?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-instant-tv-faqs

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

No, I am not trying to use a smart phone or tablet.  I am not trying to use WiFi.  All I want to do is to remove that message from my TV screen.  It's nuisance.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi there, mauricecaf. There should be a way that you can disable that message through your TV. Depending on the model, there is sometimes a "do not ask again" message/prompt. What is the make/model of your TV?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Good morning, mauricecaf. I didn't hear back from you on this, so I will need to go ahead and complete this interaction. If you end up needing further support with this, feel free to send me a private message about it and I can help from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thanks! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.